All-Clad Stainless 12-Inch Fry Pan Lid

All-Clad Stainless 12-Inch Fry Pan LidMy All Clad LTD 12" fry pan is my most used pan.While this 12" fry pan lid fits the pan, it doesn't seal as well as it should.The bottom lip is very shallow and is smaller than the diameter of the fry pan.I need to be careful to put the cover on properly.I compared this 12" fry pan lid to my All Clad sauté pan lids (since the All Clad sauté and fry pans both have flared lips) and the sauté lids have larger and more squared bottom lips that closely matches the pan opening than this fry pan lid.

I will keep this lid.But if there is the chance that All Clad listens, they have a chance to get up to five stars.

Potential buyers should be aware of a couple things:

1. Most of All-Clad's lids and other accessories (things other than pots and pans) are made in China and aren't actually "clad," the 3-layer bonded metal that is characteristic of the company's U.S. made cookware.Nobody needs a bonded metal lid, you aren't cooking on it.This info is from their website.

2. You can get way cheaper lids.For example, the Calphalon "everyday pan with lid" often goes on sale on Amazon for about two dollars more than just this lid costs.That lid fits this pan like it was made for it, and is also domed so you get more space inside.Plus you have an extra pan.

My advice is get a cheaper lid made by another company, or buy an all-clad skillet with this lid included when its on sale for 80-100 dollars which happens from time to time.

Buy All-Clad Stainless 12-Inch Fry Pan Lid Now

I recently purchased an All Clad 12 inch skillet and lid.My pan and lid have approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch of play between the edges of the skillet and lid. I would expect this from a cheap set of pots and pans, but not from All Clad. A few of the other reviewers have also mentioned issues regarding the fit.

I have an 8 inch All Clad skillet and lid and those two fit perfectly. It appears there may be a production/quality problem with the 12 inch lid. I am not happy with the purchase.

Read Best Reviews of All-Clad Stainless 12-Inch Fry Pan Lid Here



I ordered this lid to use with my 12" All Clad Copper Core fry pan.After all, if you drop $225 to purchase one of the world's best fry pans, you want a beautiful, perfectly matched lid to go with it, even it it is going to set you back another $50, right?It is a nice theory, but as others have pointed out, things don't quite work out that way.On its own, this lid is a handsome piece of adamantine stainless steel, a tribute to the founder's art.But when paired with its mate, it stumbles, and nearly fails.It simply does not fit properly.

Can it be used?I suppose so.But it requires a certain amount of fiddling and titration which is not compatible with the frenetic activity which sometimes accompanies bringing a complex mutli-dish meal in for a smooth landing.In short, it is a frustrating solution, especially when you have expended almostfor the combination of pan and lid.Fortunately, I have a glass lid from a long discardedTarget fry pan which fits well.I would consider buying this lid if I needed one, and if the asthetics of mis-matched lids is irksome to you.It is usable, even if it is somewhat vexatious.So, for purposes of having a matched set, I am glad I own it. I'm just not so happy I bought it.

Kudos to marketplace seller Metro Kitchen for getting this bit of dreck to me promptly and well packed.

Possible (but untested) alternatives: Farberware 12-Inch Glass Lid

.................................................. Farberware 12-Inch Stainless Steel Lid

NB All Clad:It is absurd that this pan does not come with one of your "made in China lids".But it is even more absurd that alid does not fit afry pan.You will not stay the cookware of choice for serious cooks if you keep putting out poorly engineered items such as this lid.Perhaps if your lids were made at the same factory as your pans (here in the US) instead of in China, such miscues would become obvious in time to correct them.Given your stratospheric prices, it is beyond my ken to comprehend why you feel the need to cut corners by outsourcing your lids overseas.A pox on your accountants and purchasing agents, as well as your senior management.;^)

Want All-Clad Stainless 12-Inch Fry Pan Lid Discount?

As another reviewer pointed out, this lid doesn't seal as well as it should. I suppose the 5-star reviews received a slightly different product.

In comparison, the All-Clad lids for my 10.5 inch frying pan an 1-quart sauce pan fit perfectly.

I gave it only 2 stars because of the fit was not what I expect for a $47 lid.

Save 10% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment