Emeril by All-Clad E9191364 Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Inch Square Griddle Cookware, Black

Emeril by All-Clad E9191364 Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Inch Square Griddle Cookware, BlackAfter I ordered this griddle from Amazon, I read reviews of Emeril cookware, and was really scared. It seems the bottom of pans *melt*! It was too late to cancel my order (in this case Amazon sent my order through immediately), so when the griddle arrived, I tried it out right away. It worked great and was totally non-stick.

I concluded that the griddles are made differently than the pans, since they're one layer of anodized metal and don't melt like the pans do which have layers of different metals on the bottom. So no one needs to avoid buying this griddle. I compared the quality with griddles at Walmart, and it's heavier and of better quality. The griddle heats up fast and cooked my pancakes quickly, so there's no need to use high heat for cooking.

The instructions that came with the griddle did warn against melting aluminium, but I doubt that those instructions apply to the hard anodized griddles. Perhaps because of poor reviews of Emeril cookware, this griddle was heavily discounted, so the price was excellent, about 50 percent off list price.

I did some research and found the quote below about anodizing, so there's no worry about high heat with this griddle:

"Hard anodizing produces an extremely durable pan that has twice the hardness of stainless steel. This cookware has an extremely long lifespan and can resist abrasion and corrosion. The surface will not chip or peel and it can handle extremely high heat levels without damage to the finish."



This is the second square griddle I've owned thus far, the first being an Anolon one which has lost all of its non stick properties and is warped(bowed out in the center area).This one seems to be going the way of the first.The non stick properties are ok so far (as is with most non sticks in the first six months of use), but the originally flat surface has "bloated" up in the center to the point where liquid will run to the sides and cooking pancakes and sunnyside up eggs has become a bit tricky.Might be my fault(or might not be?) as I used it a few times on med-high heat on the gas range to sear meat, but still disappointing for it to warp so.

Also on a purely cosmetic note, the pan looks really cheap(to where I wouldn't have paid its price if I saw it on a store shelf).The handle in Amazon's picture looks shiny(like 18/8 stainless) but in reality it has a dull stamped metal look to it(because it is:).Sure it doesn't affect the cooking but it also doesn't add to buyer satisfaction.

I don't think it's an especially great deal at it's current $25 price.

Buy Emeril by All-Clad E9191364 Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Inch Square Griddle Cookware, Black Now



I have several pieces from this line that were purchased over the past few years and have not been disappointed in any of them. This piece is so light weight. It slides all over my cook top. Not good for baby-on-the-hip, one-handed cooking. Today I was making pancakes on this griddle and realized is had warped. I've had the pan since December and have not put it in the dishwasher. So I'm not sure why it warped. Anyway, disappointed in this piece...

Read Best Reviews of Emeril by All-Clad E9191364 Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Inch Square Griddle Cookware, Black Here

My Wife and I received this "griddle" for a wedding gift. We had to return it because of warping....

I cook eggs every morning so I used this pan only as my "egg" pan. It survived the first 30 days of cooking eggs. Then it slowly started to warp. It has warped a 1/4" high in the middle. Returning it to Macy's was no problem. BUT now...Macy's stopped carrying it.

I CONTACTED CUSTOMER SUPPORT TWICE to get a required RMA #....So far, it's been two weeks and I haven't heard back from them.

Emerilware should be Illegal....It's simply ripping off the consumer.

Want Emeril by All-Clad E9191364 Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Inch Square Griddle Cookware, Black Discount?

Emeril by All-Clad E9191364 Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Inch Square Griddle Cookware, Black.....after a few months of standard use Griddle will NO longer lay Flat on my Glass Top Stove. This is my second Emeril Griddle bought at Dillards both have failed in the same manor so will no longer purchase Emeril Ware. Too bad, quality seemed great but let me down big time.

Save 50% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment