Lodge Logic L5IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 8-inch

Lodge Logic L5IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 8-inchThe 8" Lodge skillet isgreat little pan as you probably know.After purchasing it I decided I wanted to add the lid and did so, but there are a couple things you might consider in such a purchase:

1)What was an economical cast iron pan ballooned into almost $30 for the combo.While cast iron devotees probably won't find this a problem, others might want to consider that a lot of excellent stainless lined aluminum 8" pans come with lids and are available forless.In the overall scheme of things thirty bucks isn't a lot of money, but it does cast the economical skillet in a different light when you complete your purchase with the lid.

2)Unlike other Lodge lids, the 8" model doesn't have the "ears" necessary to cover the dual pouring lips on the skillet. This means you can lose heat and moisture when you may not want to.This is particularly odd since they cast this lid with the "drip spikes" specifically designed for moisture retention.

3)While this is somewhat subjective, the quality doesn't appear to be the same as the 10" and 12" lids I have for other Lodge products.The casting doesn't appear as smooth and the lid doesn't fit as precisely as the larger lids. I belatedly tried another 8" lid (from an All-Clad saute pan) and found it to be a better fit than this Lodge lid.

I don't have a gripe against Lodge and, as you can tell by the many glowing reviews, people here on amazon love the product line.I just thought providing some information I discovered after my purchase might help you make a moreinformed decision.

Ordered this to use with my eight-inch Lodge cast iron pan. Same quality as Lodge pans, heavy and solid. Pretty straightforwardit does the job for which it was intended and it nests upside down in the pan nicely enough to store easily.

I do wonder why lids cost more than pans, but given none of the Lodge pans and lids are very expensive, especially compared to other cookware with much shorter lifespans, I don't have a problem with it.

Also, kudos to Amazon for continuing to mail even heavy items without shipping charges. That policy, and responsive customer service during this period of price gouging and an enraging lack of customer service across all industries, ensures I remain a loyal customer of Amazon.com. So two thumbs-up, Amazon!

Buy Lodge Logic L5IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 8-inch Now

The cheapies don't have the little nipple things that enable better dripping off the lid. Another quality Lodge cast product. After trying several cast brands from cheap to expensive, it's made in the USA Lodge cast iron only for me.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Logic L5IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 8-inch Here



This is fantastic. I never knew that the cast iron line even had lids. They are a perfect fit and extremly heavy!

Want Lodge Logic L5IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 8-inch Discount?



This lid is very helpful. If I'm making pancakes, I use my Lodge 8 inch frying pan to make bacon or sausage. Then, if the meat is done before I'm done cooking the pancakes, I just stick this 8 inch lid on top of the frying pan to keep the meat warm while I finish up the pancakes.

Save 23% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment