Joyce Chen 23-0003, 11.5 inch Lightweight Cast Iron Stir Fry

Joyce Chen 23-0003, 11.5 inch Lightweight Cast Iron Stir FryI bought this wok to use it on the inner rings of my flat surface stove so than the range hood can suck all the smoke while i am cooking. The size is perfect. The bottom size is 6", which fits the ring perfectly. The top size is perfect too, though i can use a 12" one too. The wok is solid and heavy and can hold up heat. I have used very cheap cast iron pots and cabon steel pots. They are either too heavy or too light. This one is great.

The only thing i dont like is that it seems to have a coating. After we used it the first time, the coating was burned off. I guess it is the seasoning coating. Hope it is harmless.



I only used it for one month. I coat it with oil before and after each use, it still gets sticky after one month. The dark "natural seasoning"comes off as small pieces, then mixed with my food. After their "natural seasoning" comes off, the pan became very sticky like a stainless pan, and it's not stainless, it's rusty. I'd go back to Starfrit's cast iron pan, even though it costs little more.

Buy Joyce Chen 23-0003, 11.5 inch Lightweight Cast Iron Stir Fry Now



This wok stays cute on my oven top, suitable for 2-3 person. It is light weight, easy to clean and maintain. It heats up quickly and can get very hot. The vegetable it cooked looks fresh and with good taste. With meat, it did stick a little bit at the beginning, but I think for cast iron it takes time, the more you use it, the less it sticks. For those who have 4-5 people to serve, I would suggest you to try that 14" one. Before buying this one, I was struggling between a carbon steel and light cast iron, finally I decided on cast iron, because a friend shared that she had both of them, both get heat quickly and not stick, but carbon steel more easily gets the vegetable steamed, with more water come out, while cast iron makes food come out dry and still taste juicy.

Read Best Reviews of Joyce Chen 23-0003, 11.5 inch Lightweight Cast Iron Stir Fry Here



I recently purchased an induction burner (Max Burton 6200 1800W) which I love, but the problem I ran into was finding a cooking vessel that could take advantage of its heating potential. After some experimentation with various pots and pans, I found that the ones made of carbon steel and cast iron work the best....by far.

I was really happy to find a cast iron wok that didn't weight 75 lbs and was the perfect design (wide bottom). I got it yesterday and was blown away by two things; how light it was and how hot you can get this wok. I used a thermal gun on it and got readings above 800 degrees. Even my carbon steel wok didn't get that hot.

This wok comes pre-seasoned, looks to be well constructed, is priced right and definitely does what a wok is supposed to do...."get rocket hot". If you are looking for a good gift set for that vegetarian cook in your life, get this wok and a good induction burner (they aren't expensive). They'll love you forever.

Want Joyce Chen 23-0003, 11.5 inch Lightweight Cast Iron Stir Fry Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment