Cuisinart 622 Chef's Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized Open Skillet

Cuisinart 622-20 Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 8-Inch Open SkilletInitially I was quite happy with the pan.They are good quality and cook evenly.The non-stick surface worked well.

After about 6 months however the nonstick surface did not work very well any more.I wash them by hand, and only use plastic utensils to avoid scratching.I was disappointed by how quickly the nonstick surface was lost.I later looked on Consumer Reports, and found that they also say they have poor nonstick durability.



I bought a set of these Cuisinarts about 9 months ago. This skillet was included in the set, as well as a smaller one and several pots.

Pros:

Excellent heat conduction. Stays hot, cooks evenly and transfer from oven to stovetop and back is very convenient.

Cons:

The nonstick coating is not really working anymore. Though these have never been in the dishwasher or been scrubbed with anything heavier than a sponge, the nonstick coating has slowly burned off in patches, and now, though it hasn't peeled or flaked, there are spots where the food will stick and nonstick spray or oil must be used. This is a pity because I was very careful not to overheat the pans--they have really been babied. I will probably buy another Cuisinart though, but this pan will need to be replaced within a few months.

Buy Cuisinart 622 Chef's Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized Open Skillet Now



Initially I was quite happy with the pan.They are good quality and cook evenly.The non-stick surface worked well.

After about 6 months however the nonstick surface did not work very well any more.I wash them by hand, and only use plastic utensils to avoid scratching.I was disappointed by how quickly the nonstick surface was lost.I later looked on Consumer Reports, and found that they also say they have poor nonstick durability.

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart 622 Chef's Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized Open Skillet Here

I bought a set of Cuisinart teflon non-stick pans due to the fact that there was supposed to be a lifetime warranty. Well when the teflon coating started peeling, I contacted customer service 1-800-726-0190 and was assured that if I sent them back they would warranty the pans. I stressed that they were several years old and the girl said that was ok. I spent $30 to FedEx the pans (sent back all pans in the set) and was also required to enclose a check for $10 to cover return shipping.

After about a month, I had not heard anything, so I called and they had no record of receiving. I related the fedex confirmation and they said to give it another week to update my file. I called back in a week and the girl said that there was a note in the file saying "costomer abuse". I asked what that meant and she said she didn't know. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was referred to "Daniel". Daniel said that he would look into it and it was up to "corporate" and he had no input. He said he would call me back in 24 hours. Daniel did not call back in 24 hours, so in 48 hours I called and asked for him. He still said that it was up to corporate I said that was not good enough; I have $40 more dollars invested in the pans. I told him that I have never seen a pan that eventually did have some peeling and wearing off of the teflon and a "lifetime warranty" should be honored. I also asked for a supervisor higher up.

A day later I got a call from "Dena". Dena (clanging pans sound) said the the customer abuse was using too high of heat which caused the teflon to fail she also said that it was evident that metal utensils were used. Neither of which are true, the pans were just old and wearing out, but we bought them initially because of the lifetime warranty. Dena stated that if they just replaced pans for everybody that they would go broke replacing pans and they were NOT going to warranty my pans. Due to my constant whining, she did agree to ship back the pans (received but damaged with dings on the edges), refund my $30 shipping and the $10 check (have not received yet). My response was since she was going to ship my pans back at a cost of $20 (probably their cost to ship) and write a check for $40, wouldn't it be wiser to invest that $60 and send us a new set of pans that have a (Cousinart cost) of $60. She said "Look, we generally don't refund the original shipping, so NO". I also told Dena that I would post a positive Amazon review as well as a negative Amazon review whichever was needed. She said that was my right. So here I am with the negative I will never buy Cuisinart again and ther warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on...

Want Cuisinart 622 Chef's Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized Open Skillet Discount?



It looks nice and cooks fine.My complaint is that the handle is too heavy for the size of pan, and when set on a glass stovetop, the weight of the handle seems to lever the opposite side of the pan, preventing it from cooking evenly.

Save 62% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment