Lodge Logic L8IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 10.25-inch

Lodge Logic L8IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 10.25-inchIf you own the Lodge Logic 10-1/4-inch skillet, this cover allows for more versatility. It allows for even heating and dutch oven type use. If you prepare something, and just want to keep it warm, or use it outdoors and need protection. It also will seal in nutrients and flavorsbecause of the tight fit, and also the self-basting spikes. I used another lid in a pinch, but it didnt give me the same cooking results as the Lodge lid. The 3-quart chicken fryer, and 5-quart Dutch oven have the same size lids, and you can interchange those lids, but I found I was using them at the same times often, and needed a seperate lid for my skillet. For the price, it just doesnt make sense not to go ahead and have one.



I love the lid that goes with my Lodge Logic 10-1/4-Inch Pre-Seasoned Skillet. It is obvious that many other people love their Lodge cookware too.Ever since Joseph Lodge started making cast iron cookware in the 1800's --the company goes back to 1896 -people have been loving it and passing it down from one generation to the next.

If we decide to get a 3-quart chicken fryer or 5-quart Dutch oven, this lid will work fine for them too.The self-basting spikes keep the lid fitting snugly.

It came preseasoned and ready to use.We hand wash it and the skillet.We don't submerge it in water for long periods. Instead of draining it, we dry it with a dish towel immediately. The we spray it lightly with Pam(PAM-Original No Stick Cooking Spray, 3/8oz Cans) or rub it with an oil saturated paper towel. When we store it we place a folded paper towel between the lid and the utensil to allow air to circulate.

We try to remember not to shock it and the skillet by placing cold water in the hot pan.

I hope you find this review helpful.

Buy Lodge Logic L8IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 10.25-inch Now

As far as I know, (I have the 8" and 12" equivalents of this lid as well), the 12" lid is the only one that has little flanges (?) that cover the spout portion of the corresponding skillet.So less steam will escape.This lid does not have those flanges, so steam will escape from the spouts.Also, the resulting hole will let dust/flies in.

When I got the lid, the "self-basting spikes" (see picture) were not on the description list, so I had really no idea what they were for.I thought it might have been a manufacturing artifact.Or considering that the pioneers didn't have much space, it had dual functions, like maybe you can use it double up as a grill, or use it to tenderize/hold meat, or play Chinese Checkers.The premise of the self-basting spikes is that as condensation forms on the underside of the lid, the liquid will drip down those spikes evenly on the food.I think it works pretty well the only real problem I have with this lid is that it is soooo heavy.And not clear.Oh well.

The lid was surprisingly easy to season, though.I thought I might have to cook on it to get it properly seasoned, but after 1 session in the oven, it came out better-seasoned looking than my matching griddle.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Logic L8IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 10.25-inch Here

I looked at it like this:

The 5 Qt. Dutch Oven cover fits the 10 1/4" skillet.

The 10 1/4" cover is $16.99

The 5 Qt. Dutch Oven is $26.99

If I subtract what I'd spend for the 10 1/4"cover, the D.O. Only costs $10.00 more. That's a big hunk of iron for a mere $10.00.

I did the same thing by buying the 7 Qt. D.O. with Spiral Handle because the cover fits my 12" skillet.

Also, I found a brush that works very well to clean the pans and lids Power Tip Dish & Glass Brush

Want Lodge Logic L8IC3 Cast Iron Lid, 10.25-inch Discount?



I had forgotten to order a lid for the pan I purchased last Dec.Amazon had the Logic lid that matched my pan.High quality as with the pan itself, and the lid also fits other items in the Logic line.Would recommend Logic products to anyone looking for a high quality cast iron item.

0 comments:

Post a Comment