Cuisinart GG23-24 GreenGourmet 10-Inch Round Griddle and Crepe Pan

Cuisinart GG23-24 GreenGourmet 10-Inch Round Griddle and Crepe PanWe have had the 10" griddle for 2 weeks.My husband uses it almost every morning.How do I clean it?Rinse it out with a little dish soap!This is the best piece of non-stick cookware I have ever owned.It is so much better than the old Teflon, and easier on the environment.

07-24-09: Here's an update, Gang.We have two of these now, and they are still going strong.Do not put these in the dishwasher.My son made that mistake, and ruined his little griddle.

04-15-10:Another update.We still use these almost every day.The surfaces are still great.

09-10-11: RIP Little Griddle.After about a thousand uses, the thing finally developed a rough spot.My son told me it's because I washed it while it was still hot.So, won't make that mistake again.

My reason for purchasing this plan was as to replace a so-called green-pan sold by a "celebrity" chef from one of the shipping networks that ended up being a piece of junk. I cook primarily cook with stainless steel but wanted one or two non-stick pieces for cooking items like eggs, pancakes, and the occasional crepe. I purchased this griddle/crepe pan first and really felt like it was a good decision.

I have read some reviews regarding complaints about the nonstick wearing off on the GreenGourmet pans. I think the problem is a few issues:

1. Users are using too high heat with these pans.

2. I would recommend hand washing these pans only.

3. Do not let food or oils dry in this pan. Its best to wash immediately after the pan has cooled.

So after several months of learning how to use the pan and cooking with it I went ahead and purchased the 10-inch skillet. I think these pans should have a good life cycle but using them with care is key...this is not stainless steel.

Buy Cuisinart GG23-24 GreenGourmet 10-Inch Round Griddle and Crepe Pan Now

We bought a full set of these, and we are not thrilled with the results.The surface becomes impossible to clean if you ever use oil to cook the food.I understand not using cooking spray (which we haven't), but sometimes you need to cook with oil for flavor and texture.I agree with the commenter who complained about the warranty we called the company and when we found out the cost to get the pans replaced, we decided it would be better to buy new ones NOT very "green" or functional.

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart GG23-24 GreenGourmet 10-Inch Round Griddle and Crepe Pan Here

Initial Internet posting were wrong about these green ceramic pans.

The glazed-like surface can be heated quite hot to brown (even blacken) steaks and toasted cheese sandwiches. The hard annodized surface heats way more evenly than cast iron.

I also love the Analon Allure series which has a hard "marble" glaze surface on the exterior but a Teflon derivative inside. Since unsealed hard anodized aluminum stains over time, the ideal pan would have the Cuisinart ceramic interior and the Allure marble finish outside. Until then, this is my primary cooking pan.

I got mine after it was marked down $10 and then used a 20% off coupon. This skillet works great with a common 10" high dome lids, unlike the non-standard sized 10 1/2" cast iron skillets.

Want Cuisinart GG23-24 GreenGourmet 10-Inch Round Griddle and Crepe Pan Discount?

***** I bought this pan as my "try me pan" at Bed,Bath & Beyond. I was so impressed with it after 6 months I bought the 12 in fry.

Friends also have bought them now and really give them a workout in the oven at very high temps. We all love them.

I have seen some very high end companies now using this coating, which Cuisinart has the patent on, called Ceramica.

Just remember it's a nano ceramic coating so you can chip it,like Le Creuset cast iron enamel, if not careful.

Should last a liftime with proper care.

Save 58% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment