Lodge Seasoned Finish 10-1/2-Inch Cast Iron Round Griddle

Lodge Seasoned Finish 10-1/2-Inch Cast Iron Round GriddleI am a great fan of cast iron cookware and have quite a few pieces.The 10-1/2 in. round griddle is my first by Lodge however, I just happened to see it on sale and bought it.Although I think the overall quality is good, I soon realized the handle was much too short.I do not have large hands (I'm 5'8" and 145 lbs. male) yet handling the pan is really awkward especially if the handle or my hand is wet (forget soapy).In fact I have a couple of 10-1/2 in. skillets (not Lodge nor both the same brand) that even though they are heavier they are much easier to handle because they weren't so stingy with the amount of material used for the handle.



I bought this griddle barely three weeks ago.I didn't really need it, but I thought the price at the time was a bargain ($9.99), and I needed something else around $10 to avoid the dreaded S/H charge.

I have been using cast iron for a long time and still have my firstcast iron skillet that has seen it's share of trials and tribulations over a 20 year period, including bouts in the dishwasher from a roommate who was clueless about any type of cookware.All I had to do was reseason it and it was restored.

I like cast iron because it gets really hot and retains heat, and lasts forever.This griddle is no exception.I already have a pizza stone, but I had a recipe that featured baking the pizza in cast iron cookware, and I wanted to try it so I made it on the griddle.The results were spectacular.The crust browned evenly on the bottom and was nice and crispy, and I cut it and served right from the griddle.The griddle is also perfect for making biscuits.Preheat the pan in the oven for about 10 minutes, then place the biscuits on it and bake as usual.Baking the biscuits on the preheated griddle, makes the bottoms crispy.

I have also used the griddle for grilled cheese, panini's (using the grill press) and quesadilla's.All, in all, I think this is a great piece of cookware that makes a nice addition to my collection of cast iron.I own several pieces of Lodge cookware and have never had any problems like cracking, warping, or twisting.Someone mentioned in an earlier review that the griddle was starting to "discolor" after only 3 uses.It's supposed to "discolor."It goes from its orignial factory finish gray, to hues of brown and eventually coal black with repeated use.

The more you use cast iron, the better it gets.If you use it daily, it will turn black quicker than if you use it on occasion.I still have pieces that I have had in excess of 5 years that are still not black.Since I only use those pieces occasionally, that's to be expected.

Buy Lodge Seasoned Finish 10-1/2-Inch Cast Iron Round Griddle Now



I use this griddle to cook Indian flatbreads like chappatis and naans on.It works great for tortillas and making omlettes on too.It is easy to season and is the best griddle that I have ever owned.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Seasoned Finish 10-1/2-Inch Cast Iron Round Griddle Here



I have used this remarkable pan for just about everything from crepes to fajita's.Ingredients don't stickor burn.I'm not an especially good cook.Time is of the essence and so are good practical kitchen aids and cooking utensils.Savor the flavor or vegetables, omelets, chicken, french toast or griddle cakes.You won't need Emeril's Lagassse's flair; you can create a lot of tasty delights with this pan.Start cooking!

Want Lodge Seasoned Finish 10-1/2-Inch Cast Iron Round Griddle Discount?



I first saw this griddle at a friend's house. We used it to make crepes, and the results were absolutely perfect. Subsequently I've been using mine to grill panini, brown chicken breasts until golden, slowly sizzle perfect salmon filets, and turn out beautifully done steaks and chops. It even works well in the oven to finish cooking a beef or pork tenderloin. Note, I am a serious cast-iron cookware devotee, and I like utensils and tools that are multi-taskers. This griddle fits that bill and stays busy on my stove. Perfect for one person or a couple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment