Ozeri ZP-20GL Green Earth Frying Pan Lid, 8-Inch

Ozeri ZP-20GL Green Earth Frying Pan Lid, 8-InchThe ergonomically designed handle is larger and easier to grip than a conventional round knob. It automatically orients the location of the vent hole away from the cook's wrist to prevent accidental scalding from escaping steam. The inner flange of the stainless steel rim measures exactly 7-13/16" to nest nicely inside a conventional 8" pot. The handle is screwed directly to the lid without any intervening washer or adapter, therefore keeping the lid top easier to clean and with an elegant minimalist contemporary design.

I have had the Ozeri 8" Green Earth Frying Pan for a couple of months now, and received the matching lid about a month ago.Prior to having the lid, I was using the pan for scrambled eggs, omelets, and other cooking that I didn't need a lid for.When cooking chops, and putting it in the oven, I had to cover it with aluminum foil.

Now that I have the lid I can cook ground beef, and onions, for a Shepherd's pie.I also use the pan for making my favorite dish, which is an Indian curry.

The lid is tempered glass, and has a really neat vent area, for allowing the steam to come out.It is silver in color, the same as the rim of the lid, and has a hole in the middle, with 4 smaller ones around the outside of it.The lid fits perfecting into the Green Earth Frying Pan.

Now when I am cooking my pork chops, I can sear then in the pan, and transfer the pan, and lid, into the oven.As long as I keep the temperature down to 392 F or below, it is ovenproof.I normally cook my chops at 325 F.

When using the lid, the black handle/knob, which is on the top, stays cool, making for easy cooking.

I can watch my food cooking through the clear glass lid.Before I would have to check my food, by taking off the lid, to ensure it didn't run dry.

I always wash my pots and pans by hand.However, this lid is suitable to go into the dishwasher.

I was sent the 8" Green Earth Frying Pan Lid, by Ozeri for my personal use. I was under no contract, or obligation to write a review, or to write a favorable one if I chose to write one.

Buy Ozeri ZP-20GL Green Earth Frying Pan Lid, 8-Inch Now

The lid fits the 8 inch Green Earth frying pan perfectly (I'm writing a separate review for this) and is very sturdy, as well as easy to clean. It sounds silly, but the whole pan and lid set looks so stylish that I keep it on my stove at all times, along with a beautiful red dutch oven. Aside from the fit, I like that the handle is very sturdy and stays cool (being sufficiently far away from the glass) making it easy to take the lid off with one hand, while stirring with the other. I have used lids before where the handle is either heat-conductive, or it is too close to the lid which heats up so it requires a quick touch or using a pot holder. Anywho, definitely would recommend the product.

Read Best Reviews of Ozeri ZP-20GL Green Earth Frying Pan Lid, 8-Inch Here

Great lid. Fits my T-Fal pot like it was made for it. This lid has a slight inward taper on the rim so that it will fit almost any 8 inch pot or pan just like factory made, no matter what the brand. Ozeri got the lid to me ahead of schedule and I could not be happier with them or the lid. Buy it, you'll like it.

Want Ozeri ZP-20GL Green Earth Frying Pan Lid, 8-Inch Discount?



This is a glass lid with a metal edge installed which forms the lip to correctly fit the pan.It has a small vent installed in the glass.

The noted design problem is that there is a narrow space between the glass and the lip where the lip steps in to be the correct diameter to fit the pan.Any food that gets into the narrow area between lid glass and lip is difficult to remove, at least with hand washing.If not removed this could become a health hazard.IMO the lid would be better if all glass construction at the edges or if the glass was smaller in diameter so that the metal edge did not include the step-in and resulting narrow food trapping gap.As is the lid works fine but is a PITA to clean thoroughly, particularly if there has been any boil over or splatter into the noted gap area.

This also applies to the 12" lid which I have and presumably to the 10" size too.

Save 21% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment