Calphalon Unison Nonstick 12-Inch Round Griddle Pan

Calphalon Unison Nonstick 12-Inch Round Griddle PanI purchased this Calphalon Unison Nonstick 12 Inch Round Griddle Pan along with the Calphalon Unison Nonstick 12 Inch Round Grill Pan and cannot be happier. We use this pan for everything: eggs, bacon, French toast, pancakes, vegetables, dumplings (pot stickers), I even made a batch of one-pan brownies (preparing the recipe in the pan on the stove, then sticking the pan in the oven to bake) and they came out great!

The main points for this pan are:

* Nonstick (I mean REALLY nonstick)

* Oven-safe

* Easy to clean

* Handle stays cool while cooking (except when used in the oven)

* Large size with steep sides allows for cooking almost anything but crepes

At around $50 (I paid $100 for the set of two pans) this pan is an incredible bargain. It outperforms every nonstick pan I've used in the past, and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys stove-top cooking. Even if the only time you use a frying pan is for bacon and eggs in the morning, you will fall in love with Calphalon's Unison nonstick coating.

Note: As with any nonstick cookware, avoid using metal cooking utensils. I bought a heat-resistant silicone-coated spatula and set of tongs and they work perfect.

This is a perfect pan for what I feel it was designed for: eggs and pancakes!I can not imagine a more perfectly designed griddle.The new unison slide surface is truly amazing and does make pancakes and eggs easier than I've ever experienced.This pan is a fabulous value if you like to make breakfast items or other griddle items.I rarely use it during the week but it has made weekend breakfasts a snap for me.It heats evenly and quickly, requires little or no butter or oil, and cleans like a breeze.Since it's not for everything and has a large flat surface with space for up to 4 eggs at a time it's not for every kitchen.But if you have the space for it when you're not using it, boy it is fabulous.The handle Calphalon pans have is well-designed and what draws me to Calphalon before all-clad or other more expensive options.

Re: all Calphalon Unison... If you're considering All-Clad and have't felt the handle, I recommend you try their handles in person before going with All-Clad.I feel they are uncomfortable.I really love the shape of the Calphalon handle and very much dislike All-Clad's

Buy Calphalon Unison Nonstick 12-Inch Round Griddle Pan Now



I have been using this pan at least twice a week for about 6 months. I have a smooth-top stove and this pan has warped so much that it is almost useless. At first it was a great pan. I used it to make pancakes, french toast, pork chops, cube steak etc and I was very pleased with the way it cooked food and cleaned up in the dishwasher. However, over time the pan no longer sits flat on the stove. Also, the nonstick lining is looking quite worn. I have used only nylon coated utensils. I am grateful I purchased this pan on sale. It is definitely not worth its full price.

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Unison Nonstick 12-Inch Round Griddle Pan Here

I received this pan as a Christmas gift. At first I loved the pan, but after a few weeks, the pan became warped such that it no longer sits flat on my glass, radiant stove. Since I pay meticulous attention to letting my pans cool before hand washing, I was quite surprised when it warped due to regular use. When I contacted Calphalon about the defect, Calphalon refused to replace this product because the company does not warrant against warping, even due to normal use.

Want Calphalon Unison Nonstick 12-Inch Round Griddle Pan Discount?



This pan heats unevenly to the point where it simultaneously burns and undercooks food.We have not had this problem with our older Calphalon or All-Clad pans.The uneven heat distribution is undoubtedly related to the thickness of the aluminum.The bottom of the pan is 3.9mm thick.Our older Calphalon pans are 5.5mm thick--40% thicker!Indeed the pans feel lightweight and cheap, similar to non-stick pans you buy at the local supermarket.I suggest you avoid this pan and either buy a cheaper item of similar quality or hunt for better quality.

This review is based on 6 weeks experience with this pan.

Save 72% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment