Cuisinart Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron 14-Inch Roasting/Lasagna Pan

Cuisinart CI1136-24CR Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron 14-Inch Roasting/Lasagna Pan, Cardinal RedI was so disappointed when this item came.The vendor has the description listed as being 3.8 inches deep, not 2.8 inches deep like it is.They offered to refund my money, but I would have had to send it back on my dollar, and a cast iron lasagna pan would have cost too much to send back, so I decided to let myself be stuck with it.

Nice quality; however, the pan is nowhere near as deep as advertised.It is only 2 and 3/4 inches deep (total outside depth).Inside is only 2 1/2 inches deep.

Buy Cuisinart Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron 14-Inch Roasting/Lasagna Pan Now



Cuisinart Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron 14-Inch Roasting/Lasagna Pan, Cardinal Red

This turns out to be the one of the best cooking purchases I've ever made. I used it for roasting vegetables and they turned out great. I've also used it as a casserole dish (baked and stuffed chicken) and everything came out perfectly done.

As for carrying a dish to another's house there is no comparison to cast iron for maintaining the heat.

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron 14-Inch Roasting/Lasagna Pan Here



I really like cast iron pans, so thought this would be great for lasagna and it is, but the size of this thing weighs a ton, especially when loaded with lasagna, which is heavy anyway. If you use this thing in the oven, you'd best have some pretty heavy-duty oven racks and some arm muscles to wrestle it in and out of the oven!

In my Mom's brand new Maytag Neptune stove the oven rack flexed, but didn't permanently bend the rack. A lesser oven rack would, undoubtedly, be permanently damaged.

The pan was so heavy loaded with lasagna neither my Mom nor I could get it into or out of the oven. Had to have my husband do it. I wouldn't advise putting it onto a dishwasher rack!

Clean-up was great...nothing stuck to it and washing was easy except for hefting it over to rinse.

I think I'd best look for a cermaic version of this same size pan.

Want Cuisinart Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron 14-Inch Roasting/Lasagna Pan Discount?

I bought this from Amazon before a family Thanksgiving dinner that I was asked to bring stuffing.I used this pan, covered it with foil after cooking, and the stuffing stayed hot for hours.Clean up is a breeze too. I hope that Cuisinart will soon be offering many other pieces in this enameled cast iron at such a reasonable price as this.I absolutely recommend this pan!

Save 40% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment