Farberware Aluminum Nonstick 4-Cup Egg Poacher Skillet

Farberware Aluminum Nonstick 4-Cup Egg Poacher SkilletYech!The first time I used this poacher I had eggs that had a strange scent and taste.As one other reviewer noted, I deduced this came from the plastic cups.So I soaked and washed and soaked and washed and soaked and washed.To no avail-my eggs STILL smell funny and taste sort of weird.I will be replacing this with something that has metal egg cups.Other than the scent and taste imparted to my eggs, this works well.I guess a food stylist might find it handy for making pretty, photograph-ready INEDIBLE eggs.



2002: WELL, I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE NICE TO HAVE A WELL MADE EGG POACHER HANDY. AS I ASSEMBLED THE PAN I THOUGHT IT LOOKED PECULIAR...THE NON-STICK COATING IS CONTINUOUS FROM THE INSIDE OF THE PAN TO THE OUTSIDE; AND IS ALSO ON THE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE LID. IT LOOKS LIKE A HARD-ANODIZED "WANNABE".

THE CUP HOLDING INSERT IS A BIT FLIMSY AND THE BLACK CUPS ARE JUST A BIT SMALL.THERE IS A WARNING NOT TO LET THE PAN GET TOO HOT BECAUSE THE EGG CUPS WOULD MELT ABOVE 200 DEGREES...THIS SEEMED A BIT STRANGE SINCE WATER BOILS AT 212 DEGREES.

I WASHED ALL THE PARTS, COATED THE CUPS WITH A BIT OF OLIVE OIL TO HELP THE EGGS SLIDE OUT MORE EASILY. AS THE WATER HEATED UP, I STARTED TO SMELL A PECULIAR ODOR LIKE PETROLEUM BY-PRODUCTS. I WASHED EVERYTHING WELL SO I EXAMINED THE PARTS AND TRACED THE ODOR TO THE PLASTIC CUPS.

THE PLASTIC WAS OUTGASSING THIS UNPLEASANT ODOR NO ONE WOULD WANT IN THEIR EGGS. I DECIDED TO LET THE WATER SIMMER A WHILE TO DISSIPATE THE ODOR.I RE-WASHED THE CUPS AND DECIDED TO TRY ONE EGG. IT LEFT EGG RESIDUE IN THE CUP EVEN THOUGH I LUBRICATED IT FIRST.

I HAVEN'T TRIED IT AGAIN. I GUESS THE SMALL COVERED PAN MIGHT BE USEFUL FOR OTHER PURPOSES. I MIGHT TRY IT AGAIN SOON... SEEMED LIKE TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO SHIP BACK A 15 DOLLAR ITEM. IT CAN POACH EGGS...POORLY...BUT IT IS THE LEAST IMPRESSIVE FARBERWARE ITEM I'VE EVER PURCHASED.

2006 UPDATE; STILL A PIECE OF JUNK...GOING INTO THE "GIVE-AWAY" PILE... USED IT TWICE...USELESS! CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS STILL BEING SOLD!

Buy Farberware Aluminum Nonstick 4-Cup Egg Poacher Skillet Now

Don't waste your money or time. This poacher doesn't do what the package implies. The egg cups are plastic and besides the odor, the eggs stick no matter what you do. Cleaning is impossible, and I doubt if the plastic is a healthy material to cook eggs in.

Read Best Reviews of Farberware Aluminum Nonstick 4-Cup Egg Poacher Skillet Here

Very attractive appearance of product, but the egg cups are a thick plastic and poor conductor of heat, so it cooks poorly.I replaced it with a poacher with metal cups.I consider it useless.It takes way too long to produce a poached egg and even then the egg is not quite right.

Want Farberware Aluminum Nonstick 4-Cup Egg Poacher Skillet Discount?



I was happy with the egg poacher my parents had that is about 10 years old and it works 10 TIMES better than this dinky piece of junk.Eggs stick to it no matter how hard you wash the plastic cups and you can't get the cups out easily.I would have gotten more use out of my money by buring it and using it to try and poach eggs than to use this product.

Save 14% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment