Tramontina Limited Editions Barazzoni Full-Clad Copper Exterior Saute Pans

Tramontina Limited Editions Barazzoni 12 Inch Full-Clad Copper Exterior Saute PanI sigh with pleasure when my eye catches my copper-clad Barazzoni pots hanging in my kitchen. The pots are beautiful and they perform excellently. They have an elegant shape; a soft, but sturdy feel to the handles, and they have a nice weight--not light-weight, but not too heavy to lift or maneuver either. The line is called "Butterfly" and it was designed by Claudio Bellini. They feel good. The cool-to-the-touch handles are made of oxidized metal that creates a dull black finish that compliments and highlights the gleam of the copper. The handles are on the slim side, but they still work fine for my long, thin fingers.

I am reviewing the 3.5 quart-size pan that is one of the sizes available here.It has a handled lid, and besides the long handle on the pan, there is also a "helper" handle on the opposite side.Looking at the pictures, it might not be obvious to see: The lid is shiny stainless steel with the same dull black handle as the pot.

I bought this size because I love my Calphalon Contemporary non-stick 13" diameter, deep-sided skillet.This pan is basically the same size.I really like the high walls--seems to serve my purpose more often than my low-sided 12" skillet.I also like the way the pots angle in slightly at the top--the shape seems to help hold and distribute the heat. I have a Viking gas cook top that does not allow a very low simmer flame and with this line of pots I can achieve a small, very slow bubble simmer that I usually cannot create and maintain.

How to clean? Cleaning these copper pots is a breeze if you use Wright's Copper Cream.Wright's Copper Cream Polish, 8-oz. This is a great product that never scratches (always make sure your sponge is clean and your pot is already washed.) "Elbow grease" is not necessary either, if you don't wait too long between treatments. You can clean a copper pot in a minute or two.

With this Barazzoni Butterfly line, I do not believe that quality or performance could be affected by pot size--they will all work wonderfully well. And the lip is the same on the entire line, so they should all be "dripless".



Unsurpassed in utility, quality, usefulness and beauty.If you can afford the price, buy as many as you can find magnificent.

Buy Tramontina Limited Editions Barazzoni Full-Clad Copper Exterior Saute Pans Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment