Oster CKSTGRRD25 20-by-10-Inch Digital Griddle with Removable Plate, Gray

Oster CKSTGRRD25 20-by-10-Inch Digital Griddle with Removable Plate, GrayI've cooked on griddles for decades and I like the design of this griddle, I like the detachable cooking plate, I like the fact it gets up to 400 degrees, but the non-stick coating is a complete joke! Right out of the box the non-stick coating was less than non-stick as everything that was cooked on the griddle stuck to it... even after spraying it with Pam food stuck, used bacon grease and it stuck, lard it stuck, butter it stuck, oil it stuck, ghee it stuck... so to call this griddle non-stick is a huge stretch of the imagination. And since everything that was cooked on it stuck to the surface it made cleaning it without damaging the surface was extremely difficult and in the end you had to scrub it to clean it. The digital read out is nice and size is good the fact that the non-stick surface is so inferior this product gets 1 star and it's being returned to BB&B were it was purchased.



I've purchased a couple of griddles in my time and I'm only 26.

The first one was to go on top of two burners of a stove. It was okay but I didn't get the results in even cooking.

Then the second one, was a Black & Decker model from the day after Thanksgiving from Target. It was okay just not great. I don't remember it much other than I sold it a year later in a garage sale.

Both the above items I purchased for around $20 or less.

Now, the Oster Digital Griddle I found at my In-Laws house. They moved into a newer home last year and got a bigger kitchen & pantry. So they purchased a few small appliances and other items. One of the items was the Oster Digital Griddle with Removable Plate.

We were house sitting for them one weekend a couple of months ago and I decided to make the kids pancakes. They LOVE pancakes and I practically make them every weekend for them. That gave me the opportunity to use the digital griddle. I was able to make 6-8 pancakes on the griddle at one time. It was awesome! Usually I make the pancakes in a skillet one at a time. The kids thought it was fun to watch me make them, but they also received their food faster. It was effortless, quick and uniformed.

I did read the instructions manual on how to take care of the griddle. You know, can it go in the dishwasher, etc. I can't remember now, if the removable plate can go in the dishwasher, but I'm not taking any chances. I've been hand washing it & it's very easy since everything washes off easily.

Normally I stick everything in the dishwasher, but I didn't want to ruin this thing. It's not cheap but it's not too expensive either. With my 20% off coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond, I paid $40 for it.

The one thing I will mention that the instruction manual stated, is to condition the removable plate with oil to keep the non-stick going strong. I've not had one issue with food sticking to the plate.

So far, I've cooked tons of pancakes, some sausage and I LOVE cooking bacon on it.

Buy Oster CKSTGRRD25 20-by-10-Inch Digital Griddle with Removable Plate, Gray Now

I've read the reviews on here about issues with inconsistent heating and not being non-stick.I received my griddle as a Christmas gift last year (purchased at BB&B), and I've since used it about a dozen times.I've cooked French toast, pancakes, and grilled cheese sandwiches, all with no sticking problems.Everything cooks evenly on any part of the griddle, as well.This thing has changed breakfast for us.The whole family is fed in a matter of minutes and no kids are whining about who gets the first pancake.Love it!The reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because the grease tray was dropped on first cleaning, and the handle cracked right way.It was easily glued back together, but I'd like to see some improvement on the durability.(Btw...I'm wondering if the previous reviewer who had "sticking" issues seasoned it with oil prior to first use, as instructed in the manual.)

Read Best Reviews of Oster CKSTGRRD25 20-by-10-Inch Digital Griddle with Removable Plate, Gray Here



I purchased one from BB&B and, through careless cleaning, damaged the protective coating. I tried several places, including the manufacturer, to obtain a replacement griddle, but they just aren't to be had. Oster told me the item had been discontinued. However, I went back to BB&B and purchased a second unit. It works fine. I like being able to remove the griddle for cleaning. If you buy one, handle it with care, because you can't replace the griddle if it becomes damaged. I have had better griddles than this unit, but I like the convenience of the removable griddle. I rated it 3 stars since Oster won't back up their product by selling parts.

Want Oster CKSTGRRD25 20-by-10-Inch Digital Griddle with Removable Plate, Gray Discount?

I am not sure what they were thinking advertising this as a non stick skillet!There was no breakfast food I cooked on this that did not stick.Even Bacon was sticking.Absolutely Terrible!

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment