Circulon Cookware Espree 10-Piece Hard Anodized Set

Circulon Cookware Espree 10-Piece Hard Anodized SetWe've had this set for about 8 months nowand we have no regrets.I just cooked an omelet this morning with no butter or oil and it slid right out of the pan.The non-stick surface is not only slick, but it's strong as well.I've had teflon pans in the past that scratch very easily.I know I shouldn't but sometimes I'll use a metal fork or spoon to flip bacon or stir sauce, etc, and I still see no scratches on any surfaces.

A feature that interested me when I bought it but wasn't quite convinced it would work are all of the grooves/rings on the bottom interior of all of the cookware.They are supposed to reduce utensil contact with the non-stick surface, and at the same time create more even heating of the food.I've found both of these claims to be true.Also, the instructions said I would not need to use a temperature above 5 (out of 10) on the stove top because the special design amplifies the heat.I didn't believe this at first but found it to be true too.I cooked Taylor pork roll on 3 (electric stove) and it was done in a few minutes, nice and brown, VERY evenly cooked, a bit crispy and very hot.With my last pan set I would have been using a 6 setting, so I suppose I am now using less electricity too.The only time I use a temperature above 5 is when I am using one of the pots and a recipe tells me to get a rolling boil going.

The only down side is that because it has a grooved surface, food sometimes will stay between the grooves, but this easily slides out when I wash the pan with soap and hot water, which you need to do anyway to clean the pan.

Also, I wish the set came with a 12" skillet.It does not, and as far as I know, there is no 12" skillet in the Espree collection, so I bought the 12" Infinite skillet.The only difference is that it has a steel handle, otherwise it seems to be just the same as the rest of the Espree collection.

Oh, and one more thing, the bottoms of the cookware are very thick, hard and durable.When my wife and I were deciding between the Circulon and Calphalon sets, we chose the Circulon because she thought the bottoms looked sturdier.It was 50/50 up until that point, and that's what sealed the deal for the Circulon.

I think they have a lifetime warranty too.It's a great set and I am very impressed.I recommend it highly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment