Mauviel M'Heritage M150B 6535.25 10.4-Inch Crepe Frying Pan with Bronze Handle

Mauviel M'Heritage M150B 6535.25 10.4-Inch Crepe Frying Pan with Bronze HandleI have tried at a total of 6 different crepe pans and this one by Mauviel has topped them all. I was apprehensive because of the cost and because I couldn't believe that the Stainless surface would be better than the other pans I have tried (mostly non-stick including Calphalon).

For my first experience with the pan, I used the recipe for crepes that came in the box. The first (and all of the other crepes) came out beautifully and tasted heavenly. They were very light and turned the perfect color. And... it seemed to do better at the higher heat I was using than the non-stick pans I used prior to it.

I'm glad I didn't say anything about my new pan and the new recipe I used because I got an un-biased reaction to the consumption... they loved them!

Bravo! This one pan makes me want to try the other Mauviel (expensive) products.

I do want to mention that the handle did get hot. I could pick up the pan but if you have sensitive hands... you may want to use a pad or handle cover. And... clean up was easy but because I used a gas stove, the bottom of the pan quickly discolors (not to the point of ugly... just not completely the color it was when I took it out of the box). I'm sure that would go away if I bought the copper cleaner which I do intend on doing.

All in all... this pan made fabulous crepes!!!! I don't think you can go wrong and I'm glad I made the investment. I don't think I'll ever need to buy another pan.

If you have ever used an allclad cookware, this will be a disappointment. Heat capacity is just not as good. With all clad, I heat the pan at medium heat and then reduce the heat to low. This pan will cool down when you reduce the heat...means you have to cook at high heat...means prone to burning, etc. I am going to return mine...and use a 10" all clad fry pan instead.

Buy Mauviel M'Heritage M150B 6535.25 10.4-Inch Crepe Frying Pan with Bronze Handle Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment