Swiss Diamond Cast-Aluminum Nonstick 8-Inch Fry Pan with Lid

Swiss Diamond Cast-Aluminum Nonstick 8-Inch Fry Pan with LidOver the years, my wife and I have tried all sorts of cookware. We have a good set of Calphalon stainless-steel cookware, but we've never mastered the art of cooking sticky dishes such as eggs without a non-stick pan. We've tried every type of non-stick pan we've encountered. Some are non-stick for a short time only before the surface gets mucked up. Our best Teflon pans, such as those by Calphalon, seem to remain non-stick for a very long time with careful cleaning, but recently we've learned that when heated, Teflon (PFOA) cookware outgases chemicals that are definitely not good for you. (An advisory committee has recommended that the EPA classify PFOA as a possible carcinogen.)

Swiss Diamond is PFOA-free and fantastically non-stick. We've used our two skillets extensively to cook eggs and to brown meat, and they look and work like new. Nothing sticks. Omelets are easy to prepare. Cleanup is a breeze. The lids have vents that can be opened or closed, a useful feature. The manufacturer says you can use metal utensils, but we've stuck with plastic, so I can't say how they'll hold up to contact with metal. I can't recommend Swiss Diamond cookware too highly. It is the stuff I've been looking for for decades.

We searched locally for an 8 inch frying pan with a lid.It didn't seem to us that we were trying to find anything obscure yet, after looking in store after store, I finally decided to try Amazon.I was pleased to find both this one, as well as a more expensive one by Caphalon.I hemmed and hawed over whether I should get the more expensive pan, since I was was more familiar with the Caphalon name, but ultimately I bought this Swiss Diamond pan.

If you are indecisive like me, FEAR NOT.This pan is terrific and exceptionally well made.It's heavy not at all flimsy.It feels just as well made as Magnalite or Caphalon.It very much resembles cast iron in the way it feels, too.For a small pan, it's surprisingly thick and heavy.The handle is solid and it cooks food beautifully.I highly recommend this item.

Buy Swiss Diamond Cast-Aluminum Nonstick 8-Inch Fry Pan with Lid Now

I heard about Swiss Diamond over on the food forum & was in need of a small nonstick "egg" pan.

The person loved their s.d. so much that I thought I'd give one a try. I guess I've had it about 3 months & use it every day.It browns food well, cooks evenly, & is a breeze to clean.

I have a big drawer full of All-Clad....which I love.....but a little nonstick pan like this DOES have it's uses in my kitchen.

I have to admit that I've been treating my new baby carefully even tho they say you don't have to.We'll see how it lasts over the long haul.

I'm thinking about getting the whole set.It's about the same price as a pan & a half of the All-Clad.

PS.I often read criticism about the use of n.s. cookware but I've noticed most cooks I've seen on tv use them for certain things.......including Julia Child & Jacques Pepin.

EDIT May 2010

I have been using this dandy little pan at least twice a day for over 9 months & still love it.I haven't experienced any flaking or chipping of the non-stick material but I don't use metal with it & hand wash.The clean-up is every easy.

Read Best Reviews of Swiss Diamond Cast-Aluminum Nonstick 8-Inch Fry Pan with Lid Here



I've wasted money and risked my health buying inexpensive teflon frying pans now that I've discovered Swiss Diamond pans, I can say never again!

Scramble eggs? rinse with water and scrape w/ silicone spatula!

Unless dish is very oily, just use hot water.

Frying eggs? Three eggs nickel size drop of oil Two eggs, dime size.

Buy the pan with the lid, you won't be sorry.To have the perfect tools for the pan, get a silicone spoon spatula.Treat yourself to an assortment of silicone spatulas, scrapers and spoon spatulas (look for one piece handle-blades no gunk inside blade)

Want Swiss Diamond Cast-Aluminum Nonstick 8-Inch Fry Pan with Lid Discount?



I have been looking for non-stick frying pans that utilize cast aluminum. If you've ever cooked with cast aluminum, you'll agree with me that it's the only way to cook. On top of that, it's difficult to find frying pans with glass lids and plastic handles. Other items I've looked at expect you to cover the pan with a dinner plate while holding the handle with an oven mitt.

I was in heaven when I found these and am in heaven when I'm cooking. No burnt food. No weird hotspots. No sticking. No burnt hands when pouring out grease. And no peeling teflon. Then I found out about the lifetime warranty.

Need I say more???

Save 33% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment