Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 5-Quart 11-Inch Covered Deep Saute Pan

Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 5-Quart 11-Inch Covered Deep Saute PanI was given this pan by mistake, along with a set of All-Clad pots and pans. Being the polite snob I am, I tried to be appreciative to the best of my ability. But after a month of using this side by side with the All-Clad, I keep wondering whether All-Clad is just pocketing the extra money, or whether it actually does cost twice as much to make things in the US as in China or perhaps that the Chinese are using slave labor, or worse, children, to produce such fine products at such low prices. I don't know. I do know this pan is in all ways equal to the All Clad Saute Pan. The only thing extra I get from the All-Clad is some status and that's important for someone with my lowly cooking skills. But so far the only people who've been impressed by my pots and pans are those who I've had to drag into the kitchen and force them to listen to the joys of stainless stain cooking. So if you're thinking of making the switch to stainless steel and don't want to start with a whole set, this is the perfect pan to start with: all the advantages of quality stainless steel at half the price!

Ok, first, this thing is HUGE!I used to have issues making those one pan meals in my 10" fry pan.TONS of room with this. AND if you heat the pan first, then add oil and your food, it won't stick!I also noticed that the sides do heat up as well, so you should turn the heat down a bit as your food tends to cook a bit quicker.It seems to really take advantage of my electric burner.I've been cooking at 4 instead of 5 (medium).I'm so happy with my purchase!

Buy Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 5-Quart 11-Inch Covered Deep Saute Pan Now



The box and the manufacturer's web site claim to be "America's Finest Cookware Brand". Unfortunately the pan sports a Chinese birth certificate on its bottom. This may account for my initial bad experience. I ordered this saute pan wanting to try a stainless clad instead of a non-stick. I grew up with copper clad Revereware and don't remember clean up being a big issue. This seemed like a very good candidate having good reviews and a very reasonable price. I received the pan in perfect condition, read the printed material provided, was mindful to pre-heat and not to over heat. After the first use, before attempting to clean, I noticed the pan wobbling on my smooth surface range. It warped after the first use. With the aid of Amazon's stellar customer service, I decided to try another one before resorting to a pricier alternative. The second one has been excellent! My theory is there may be consistency issues due to the Chinese heritage.

Read Best Reviews of Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 5-Quart 11-Inch Covered Deep Saute Pan Here

Just love this pan. I generally cook on non-stick, but I wanted a stainless pan for when I use cooking spray. This is a nice large one, very well-made and just gorgeous. I have used it a few times per week since getting it about a month ago, and it seems like it will last a long time, as it's still as good as new. I can't think of anything negative to say about this pan form my standpoint, particularly for the great price.

A few notes for others, however:

It is heavy, which should be expected with high quality stainless steel. This might make it hard to clean for those with little arm strength, but not a problem for me.

I hand wash my pots and pans, so do not know how it would handle in a dishwasher.

If you prefer a clear top, then look elsewhere. But for stainless, I think it makes sense to have a metal top as well.

Want Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 5-Quart 11-Inch Covered Deep Saute Pan Discount?

Saute Pan is one of the best values in cookware that I've come across.I also just received a Le Crueset stainless steel saute pan for our new commercial kitchen and the pans are very comparable.The only draw back that I see so far is the lid is very loose fitting and would prefer it to be a little snugger.

Save 53% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment