Lodge CRS15 Pre-Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet, 15-inch

Lodge CRS15 Pre-Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet, 15-inchThis pan is the same design and manufacture of the smaller 8", 10" and 12" Carbon Steel pre-seasoned skillets from Lodge.Formerly only producing cast iron-only cooking utensils, Lodge adds these carbon steel pans which are a hit with professional chefs already and will add to your cookware collection with great benefits.

This 15" pan mimics the Spanish-style Paella pan with the wide cooking surface and sloped, shallow sides, making it easy to sautee meats and vegetables.The two handles make it easy to carry from stove to table for direct serving.

Heat the skillet slowly, add a generous amount of cooking oil (I have started using only light olive oil or EVOO and sometimes with a combination of a pat of butter;Do not use spray...the soy lecithin leaves that nasty, brown gunk-like residue) and enjoy a great pan.Wash with hot water and a brush.Try not to use dish detergent unless absolutely needed and for goodness sakes, keep it out of the dishwasher.Re-heat the pan on the stove, drop some light olive oil (or flax oil) in the pan, get it hot, wipe it down with a paper towel and let it cool.The pan's seasoning will continue to develop over the years, just like the cast iron pans.

I purchased this skillet through Amazon's MyHabit site. I was happy with it taking it out of the box and anxious to use it, but unfortunately mine arrived warped. The center is convex shaped, rising above the outside edges. All oils and liquids run to the edges and pool there, scorching what is in the center. After three attempts to cook various things with it, I've deemed it unusable because it is impossible to heat evenly and, therefore, cook evenly. Maybe I just received a lemon. Too bad.

Buy Lodge CRS15 Pre-Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet, 15-inch Now



I was looking for a pan to replace my non-stick frying pan because of the research I have seen that shows the non-stick surface is a health hazard.I have used cast iron in the past, but even seasoned, cleaning was difficult it seemed.This pan cleans easily with a stiff brush.I cooked scrambled eggs and didn't get to clean the pan until it was cold.I put a little water in the pan, heated it just 3-4 minutes, used the stiff brush, and good as new!

I read that spraying with Pam was a good idea before each use, and I have done that.

I am definitely going to be buying more of these pieces,

Read Best Reviews of Lodge CRS15 Pre-Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet, 15-inch Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment