Calphalon 12-in. Commercial Hard-Anodized Omelette Pan.

Calphalon 12-in. Commercial Hard-Anodized Omelette Pan.I do a good bit of my cooking at high temp's to develop a crust on a hamburger, or a steak, to brown off a thin-cut pork chop before the center is overcooked and that sort of thing.That's tough on a true non-stick skillet and they just can't stand up to that kind of sustained heat.They typically wear out after about 6 months of my rather intense cooking.I decided to try one of the anodized aluminum skillets to see if it was a match for my style of cooking and am pretty happy with it.

This is NOT a "Non-stick" skillet, it is stick RESISTANT.Do NOT crack an egg into an un-oiled anodized aluminum pan unless you want to explore it's scrubber-friendly hardness.The egg will stick like white on Mitt Romney!

However, if you want to develop a fonde on the bottom of your skillet while searing a steak so you can deglaze it with a splash of red wine, this is the pan for you.If you want to saute' a stir-fry dish, this is a good pan.It excels at high temperature cooking, though you should have good ventilation when doing so as the aluminum is said to give off harmful vapors.I have a good vent fan that exhausts to the outside so I'm not sweating it.

The pan is VERY scrubbable and you can use a stainless steel scrubbing pad without worry.You can use metal utensils like spatulas and spoons and not worry about scratching the surface.You can use a two-pronged meat fork to stab into a steak when flipping it and not cringe because you will NOT hurt this surface.It's harder than stainless steel!

I bought one about 10 years ago and we are using it in our travel trailer so I am buying this one for the house.I HAVE, recommended it to friends.



I have been buying the Calphalon non-stick for years but decided to try this one.Really didn't realize that it wasn't non-stick.It definitely isn't.Bacon sticks, eggs, ever thing. It can't be wiped clean.Can't be washed clean has to be scrubbed.I do like the size and the fact that the bottom is much flatter. But next time I will go back to the non-stick.

Buy Calphalon 12-in. Commercial Hard-Anodized Omelette Pan. Now



I had this pan for about 25 years and used it to make a variety of meals. I have other very old commercial hard-anodized Calphalon pans, including a stockpot, two saucepans and a tiny skillet. They have all performed excellently and held up well. But the 12-in. Calphalon is the favorite of all my pans (including some from other manufacturers).

It warped, although I followed the care directions throughout the years. I don't think the warp was my fault or a manufacturing defect on Calphalon's part. I don't blame the pan. You should have seen the old cooktop I was using it on. I didn't even realize it was warped until the recent installation of a new flat-glass cooktop.

I still had the instructions but not the receipt. To Calphalon's credit, they replaced it with a brand new one. The quality seems just as good as the older one, and looking at the price on Amazon, I think I paid about the same in non-inflation-adjusted dollars for it way back then. It's an investment, but one I've never regretted. Although Calphalon was very gracious in replacing the pan since I didn't save the receipt, save yours if you choose to invest in this quality cookware. You never know if you might need it after 25 great years of cooking!

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon 12-in. Commercial Hard-Anodized Omelette Pan. Here

I purchased this to replace an identical one that is used daily. It is now 13, and my son took it home to use.

Want Calphalon 12-in. Commercial Hard-Anodized Omelette Pan. Discount?

After many years of using non-stick cookware that always seemed too thin (including various calphalon pans), I decided to try one that wasn't non-stick. Most of my pans have warped no matter how careful I am, so cooking on a glass-top stove means they don't heat as evenly as they originally did. This pan is thick so I hope it won't warp. I used it to fry some lightly breaded chicken in a thin layer of olive oil. Turned out perfect and crispy. I then made an omelet with a little olive oil and it cooked nicer than any of my other pans had. Based on tips from other reviewers,I did use a slightly lower heat than I normally would have, which was very good advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment