Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless Non-Stick Skillets

Cuisinart FCT22-20NS French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 8-Inch Nonstick SkilletI wrote this review on another product page Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan Set as I purchased them both specifically to compare them:

Nearly 10 months ago I purchased this item at the same time as another product, Cuisinart FCT22-20NS French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 8-Inch Nonstick Skillet, specifically to compare them and guide my future purchases. After extensive daily usage of both products I can share my perspective and hope it helps others. I will be comparing only the 8 inch Calphalon pan to the 8 inch Cuisinart.

The Cuisinart product is a classic pro-style pan that seemed perfect for what I was after. That said, I was drawn to the Calphalon product by the attractive pricing and decent product reviews I found here on Amazon and elsewhere on the web. I am an avid appreciator of omelettes and there is no better task to test the sticky-factor of a pan than with omelettes especially as I am a flipper, not a folder.

I found both the Cuisinart and Calphalon pans to have good feel to them. The handle design and the weight of the pans is slightly different. The Cuisinart handle arcs higher which I preferred a bit more. The slope of the sides of the pan on the Calphalon is steeper leaving a larger cooking surface area on the bottom. For an omelette flipper the Cuisinart's less dramatic slope made it easier. That said, after a couple weeks of use I could achieve the same results with either.

Both pans perform well as a non-stick surface product. Very little effort to keep things from sticking and it required little to no butter or oil to get that result from both. These surfaces on both pans seemed to perform better once "broken in" even though that's not generally a characteristic of this material.

Now for durability. I invest way too much in cooking gear to use sharp tools on them. So I stick with just plastic tipped tongs or a silicone spatulas. Period. Regardless of my efforts, both pans are showing signs of scratches on the cooking surface a very disappointing finding. The Cuisinart looks to have held off scratches much better than the Calphalon. I expect that to start affecting the non-stick capabilities in a couple years as the scratches worsen. Both items are labeled as dishwasher safe and I did take advantage of that and it worked out well. The external surface of the Calphalon is easier to care for than the stainless surface on the Cuisinart.

So, it would seem that for half the price the Calphalon performed very well against the Cuisinart. The longevity of the Cuisinart will likely be the differenciator in the long run. But since I received two pans for pretty close to the same price in the Calphalon offering it really does win my vote in the end.

I just love it. Doing eggs mixed with cheese is a breeze.The price can't be beat for the quality you get.I highly recomend it for anyone expert or not. It heats up and holds the heat at a lower temp. Clean up is no prob. since nothing sticks.

Buy Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless Non-Stick Skillets Now

We have had midrange pots/pans in the past.THese are our favorite series ever.The non stick works better than any nonstick we have used and looks great.

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless Non-Stick Skillets Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment