Fox Run Non-Stick Folding Omelet Pan

Fox Run Non-Stick Folding Omelet PanSince the Nordic Ware omelet pan got some negative ratings, I thought I would try this pan. Unfortunately, it has the same problems that plague the Nordic Ware pan:

The metal is very thin. As a result, it is difficult to get even heating so you can burn part of the omelet while other areas are not cooked. It is also essential that you use very low heat. I have problems with my gas stove getting the flame low enough to prevent burning.

The non-stick surface isn't. The instructions say to use a spray like Pam. I've tried that, olive oil, and butter. In each case, part of the omelet stuck to the pan when I tried to flip it to the other side.

I tried dividing the egg mixture in half so I could cook both sides and then flip one to the other. Same problems with temperature and sticking.

After much experimentation, I learned some tricks that improve the experience somewhat:

1. Put all the egg mixture in one side and close the other side over it. The trapped heat helps to cook both sides.

2. Use a plastic spatula to try to loosen the omelet before flipping it.

3. Don't spray the second side until you are ready to flip the omelet to it. Otherwise, the spray will burn.

4. Be careful if you attempt to center one side or the other of the pan over the burner. You can burn the handles by doing so.

I guess the best suggestion is to use a high quality, non-stick Calphalon and forget the whole divided pan approach.

After using this "non-stick" pan only 5 times, the so called non-stick finish came off as I was trying to remove "stuck on food" with a non-abrasive plastic scrubby!!! Ended up throwing the pan/$14.99 away. Also, as someone who has made hundreds of omelets, but has never used an "omelet pan" it would have been very helpful to have some instructions included with the pan. I would NOT recommend this product.

Buy Fox Run Non-Stick Folding Omelet Pan Now

I would give it 0 stars if possible.It comes needing to be put together...the handle came with a screw that would not fit into the hole on the pan.So not even usable...returned immediately

Read Best Reviews of Fox Run Non-Stick Folding Omelet Pan Here

I'm very happy with this purchase. I just received it, and made a two-egg omelet with onions and cheese. There is plenty of room for a third egg. I used spray and there was no sticking. My range is a smooth-top electric and medium-low heat produced an evenly cooked, lightly browned (how I like it) omelet.

The steps are:

Whisk 2-3 eggs + 1 TBSP water + salt/pepper to taste, vigorously until frothy.

Spray pan with cooking spray.

Saute meat/vegetables in one side of open pan until done. Remove.

With pan open, put half of egg mixture in each side of pan.

Cook 1-2 minutes until mostly firm.

Add fillings on long-handled side.

Close pan by flipping short-handled side.

Cook 1-2 minutes.

Flip pan.

Cook other side 1-2 minutes.

Slide omelet onto plate assisted by rubber spatula.

Enjoy. Yummmmmm.

Want Fox Run Non-Stick Folding Omelet Pan Discount?

so far I have used it only twice.As it is new, it is very good and non stick.Delivery has taken some weeks but it is expected and I'm not in a hurry to use.For the price of it, it is worth a try.

Save 8% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment