Pyrex Bakeware 8-Inch Square Cake Pan, Clear

Pyrex Bakeware 8-Inch Square Cake Pan, ClearThey are shipping the "grip-rite" version, which has larger grip handles on either side, and is NOT the product that is pictured.I specifically needed the small handles so that the dishwould fit into a square water bath that I use. There is another listing for the grip-rite version Pyrex Grip-Rite 8-Inch Square Baking Dish, Clear, which is what I received, for $4 less than this listing. Very disappointing.



I bought my Pyrex in 2005.Until tonight's dinner, there were no problems.10 minutes after placing the (room-temperature) Pyrex in the oven, my husband heard an explosion.It had shattered into large pieces, smaller pieces, and hundreds of shards.After researching it on Amazon, we learned that Pyrex made after 1998 is actually manufactured by a different company and the manufacturing standards are not as good.Beware!

Buy Pyrex Bakeware 8-Inch Square Cake Pan, Clear Now

I have only GOOD things to say about this baking dish.I bought one for myself when I got my first apartment.Five years later, and it still looks brand new and I use it all the time.In fact, I had to buy a second one (in blue this time) because I use this so much!

This dish is a good size for making meals for one or two people, as well as side dishes for more, or brownies, etc.It fits nicely in the fridge or freezer for storage, in the microwave for easy reheating, and in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.The handles are good sized for easy gripping and looks perfectly at home on a side buffet table at holidays.

For the price, you can't beat this purchase.It is worth so much more than what you will actually spend.

Read Best Reviews of Pyrex Bakeware 8-Inch Square Cake Pan, Clear Here



I baked a small batch of brownies at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and then took it out of the oven. *AS* I was walking past the dish it exploded through out my entire kitchen. My counter, floor and feet were covered in hot glass. I'm thankful my children were not in the kitchen at that time since they were excited to have brownies for dessert and had JUST left the room. I gave this a one star rating, I would go lower if I could. It's not trustworthy and makes me VERY wary of using ANY dish made by this company. As a matter of fact, I will never buy from them again.

Want Pyrex Bakeware 8-Inch Square Cake Pan, Clear Discount?



I have used Pyrex for years and always thought these dishes were pretty durable. Today I bought a new one, filled it with cake mix at room temperature, and placed it in a 350 degree oven. It exploded about 15 minutes later, leaving shards of glass everywhere in a major league mess. After a Google search, I was shocked to find that there are numerous reports about exploding Pyrex. Apparently the official explanation has something to do with thermal shock, but why would you sell a dish for baking if it's subject to thermal shock? I'm swearing off the product and feel I must warn others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment