Broil King 21x12-in. Nonstick Professional Griddle, Black.

Broil King 21x12-in. Nonstick Professional Griddle, Black.Some customers have commented on how poor this one performs, and blaming Cooks Illustrated for the recommendation.

However, CI recommends the professional griddle; the PCG-10, and not this one.

I agree, this one does not perform the same. I tried this one first, sent it back and ordered the PCG-10, which is a bit more expensive but well worth the money. I was trying to save a few bucks as well and purchased this one, thinking it would be the same, only without the back splash. I was wrong.

Go for the one that was recommended; it's really great although the price is higher.

I too read the recommendation from the Cook's Illustrated and purchased the griddle.My griddle also heats unevenly.So I'd say three out of three reviews with experience with four griddles this griddle does not perform well.In addition, it has a rather industrial finish to it, not at all refined in appearance or feel.I was very disappointed.The one upside is the large surface area, much larger than most.Last point, even though it says it has a teflon non-stick surface you still have to season the pan or things will stick.

Buy Broil King 21x12-in. Nonstick Professional Griddle, Black. Now

Cook's Illustrated (CI) rated this griddle high in a product test, so I purchased one (through a different retailer than this one) at the end of 2005. The large surface is great. Six large pancakes can cook at once, a pound of thick-sliced bacon can be squeezed onto the surface, and two omelets can cook side-by-side.

Clean up is a breeze since the entire griddle (minus controller) can be dunked into the sink. I did see some staining of the cooktop when bacon was cooked, but as long as you wipe the grease off right away and lay a wet towel on the hot surface to loosen the stuck-on residue, it cleans up well.

Although CI said this griddle had even heating, I discovered that my griddle had uneven heat across the surface. The third of the griddle nearest the controller heats to the temperature of the controller, but the opposite two-thirds was about 100 degrees hotter. This was very evident when cooking pancakes the uneven heat caused the cakes to be two different colors.

Perhaps mine was the exception and the uneven heating is a fluke on this one. The retailer agreed to a return of my griddle so I hope to have a new one soon. I'm interested to hear what others have experienced with this griddle.

Update 8/16/06: I received a new, replacement griddle from the retailer. Although this one doesn't have the high range of temperature difference that the first one did, it too heats unevenly. The surface temp is about 60 degrees hotter than the controller temp across most of the griddle; one small spot registers the same temp as the controller setting. Overall, I'm disappointed with the griddle and with the review by Cook's Illustrated.

Read Best Reviews of Broil King 21x12-in. Nonstick Professional Griddle, Black. Here



As stated on the Broil King web site, this grill is the same as the PCG-10 less a small backsplash.

I have owned this grill for over two years and used it fairly regularly 3 to 5 times a week.

First, save your money and buy this model verse the PCG-10. I took the backsplash off and have never needed it. It looks nice but isn't useful.

The grill has held up well. The only problem being, after using the grill for two years, that the temputure control unit that plugs into the side burned out, and now I have to order a new control unit replacement part. Still compared to other cheap electric grills, the Broil King has a heavier non stick cook top and cooks evenly with good temputure control range.The big surface works well for six large pancakes or a pound of bacon.

As far as electric grills go this one is good.

Want Broil King 21x12-in. Nonstick Professional Griddle, Black. Discount?



I spent more in hopes of having a reliable griddle that would be even cooking. I should have stuck with the 30 dollar ones. There is a stain around the element ON the front finish. Not good. It cooks very unevenly, not to mention the fact that the handles are a bad design. They broke during shipping and had to be replaced. If you want a good griddle, keep looking.

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment