Joyce Chen 21-9971, Classic Series 4-Piece Carbon-Steel Nonstick Wok Set

Joyce Chen 21-9971, Classic Series 4-Piece Carbon-Steel Nonstick Wok SetThis is the "4 pc. 14 in. Xylan Nonstick Wok Set" From the description on the Amazon product page I was expecting the "4 pc. 14" Carbon Steel Wok Set"

The pan looks nice, but has the handle problem others described.There is a metal component that goes through the wooden handle and screws into the part bolted onto the wok.That bolt is too long so if you hold the wooden handle the pan will spin upside down.Not a good thing to happen when cooking hot food!

I'll likely be returning this since a natural carbon steel wok is more authentic and cooks hotter and I don't feel like cutting down the bolt to get the handle to actually function properly.



Using a wooden spoonscratched on the 2nd use. I was browning cashews, so maybe that did it.I paid just 12 at Amazon warehouse, but still not worth it.

Buy Joyce Chen 21-9971, Classic Series 4-Piece Carbon-Steel Nonstick Wok Set Now

Update:Sis used the Seasoning recommended prior to use (I had reminded her of this from the Ebook Sample I downloaded).She had no cleaning nor sticking problems, just the food was too spicy for hubby and teenager.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I purchased this as part of a list my Sister gave me for Christmas.I went more by reviews than the price of the item.I also asked if she wanted one for the stove, or an electric plug in device.

Turns out this was THE PERFECT Wok.After purchasing some books (in particular Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge previewed it first), a carbon steel wok is the best to cook with.I also wanted to introduce her to some e reading.

She enjoyed that there was more than just the Wok in her package.Since her Hubby was a little stingy (Scroogy?), she claimed this was her most favorite gift.

So far, this earns a 5 star review.She says I'm invited over sometime next week for Stir Fry after that if I need to edit the stars .... ;-)

PS for her hardcover tastes, and those beginning lessons I also included Wok Cooking Made Easy: Delicious Meals in Minutes (Learn to Cook Series)

Read Best Reviews of Joyce Chen 21-9971, Classic Series 4-Piece Carbon-Steel Nonstick Wok Set Here

I have used this wok for 3 weeks now I really like it !Cooks and cleans well, seems well made.

Want Joyce Chen 21-9971, Classic Series 4-Piece Carbon-Steel Nonstick Wok Set Discount?

This Wok set is a great product for the money.I was very pleased with this product.You won't be disappointed.

Save 23% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment