Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 13-Inch Wok with Dome Lid

Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 13-Inch Wok with Dome LidOverall this is a decent product for use on a gas or electric stove. It seems to be well constructed, though lacking in mass at the base and heat distribution is average at best. However, for induction cooking, which this is advertised to do and the reason I bought it, this "WOK" is lacking. Though it will work on an induction burner, the wok will never get very hot. I performed a test with a thermal gun on the wok when using my gas stove and my 1800W induction burner as my heat sources. The wok performed poorly when using the induction burner and the gas stove test didn't fare much better.

The whole point of getting a wok is to have a cooking vessel that will transfer the maximum amount of heat into your food. I have a standard carbon steal wok that gets rocket hot in a minute when using my induction burner, so I know the burner is capable of putting out the heat. I also tested out a cast iron pan and it too will get over 700 degrees, though it takes a bit longer to get there. With induction cooking; "metal and mass matters".

The final conclusion is that this is a decent "PAN" for the price. If you are getting this to use on an induction burner, "don't". If you are getting this to use as a "WOK", buy a carbon steel or cast iron wok instead; you'll get better results no matter what source you use to heat up your Mung beans.

I bought it mainly because I could not get passed the good price.This is a great wok.Very easy to work with.I thought it would be a bit big for my stove, but it is not.And it has so much room.A few times that the meat had too much liquid in it when I used my 4-qt pan, this wok came to rescue.My stove top is also much cleaner since food does not easily get splashed out of the the pan.Easy clean up as well.

Buy Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 13-Inch Wok with Dome Lid Now

This is the Wok I had wanted for a long time. Finally I got it from Amazon. We cook a lot of vegetables daily,and need a large size fry wok. We've tried several woks and pans, which either aren't stainless or not big enough to hold a large amount of fresh vegetables. This is the best.My husband and I love it very much. It also looks great sitting on the kitchen counter. It is very stable when you stir-fry vegetables and perfect size for the stove and wouldn't waste energy. They are two handles you could hold when the cooking has done. Just remember one thing you need two hands to hold this wok when you try to put cooked food to a plate. You cann't have everything, if you want woks stable it might be heavy. There isn't any problem for me to handle this wok.

Read Best Reviews of Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 13-Inch Wok with Dome Lid Here

First of all, I was very impressed that such a large pan arrived so well packed and in pristine condition!Here are some other reasons why I am so happy with this purchase:

1.All of my cookware is Tramontina 18/10 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Clad, and I love them, but they do not make a stainless steel clad wok.The Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 13-inch Wok looks very similar to the Tramontina line.So displaying it in my kitchen with the rest of my cookware will work out great.I just need to find a space for it, as it is quiet large with the lid.So excited!

2.Due to a wok's outside diameter, I cannot fit one on my smaller burners on the back of my Kenmore glass top stove, as it will hit the back where the controls are.The only way I can use a wok/wok-like pan on my stove, is to get one that has a base diameter that will fit one of my front burners.The smallest burner on the front of my stove is 8 1/2" (my stove manual says I cannot use a pan that is more than one inch larger or smaller than that).Every wok I've found has too small of a base diameter to fit on my front burner (5 1/2-6 1/2" Calphalon, All-Clad, etc.).The Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 13-inch Wok was the ONLY stainless steel clad wok that would work, as the part that actually touches the stove is exactly 7 1/2", then it gradually curves out from there.

3.I am also very impressed with the depth of this wok!It can hold a lot of food!

4.The pan is very well balanced, has a nicely shaped handle, and a wonderful helper handle!

5.And lastly, which I think is the most impressive about this wok, is the beautiful domed cover!What a showpiece, as well as a functional pan that is fun to cook in!The mirror finish on the cover, a well as the pan is just gorgeous!

Want Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Stainless-Steel 13-Inch Wok with Dome Lid Discount?



It's definitely a money worth buy. I bought it to replace those chemical coated pans. My wife likes it very much so I'm a happy man.

Save 65% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment