Farberware P08-033 fry & sauce pan handle, long.

Farberware P08-033 fry & sauce pan handle, long.I had been struggling with a cracked handle on my Farberware fry pan for years. Finally, I solved that problem. This handle fit perfectly and was easy to install just a screwdriver.

Oh, but no new screw came with the handle. I had to use the original screw that came with the pan when I bought it. So don't throw the old screw away with the broken part. Just a warning.

This handle works great.My installation was a breeze once I heated the pan on the stove.By doing so the handle receptacle expanded and allowed for a perfect fit.Start by threading the screw through the handle and into the sauce pan until the handle just starts for its way into the receptacle for the handle.Then heat the pan until hot, add a few more turns to the screw, and repeat this process until the handle is completely seated into place.

This is a great way to keep from replacing the entire pan, and at a quarter of the price as well.

Buy Farberware P08-033 fry & sauce pan handle, long. Now

Part does not fit into mating square of pan without filing all four sides of the handle. Also, the screw hole is so far off, the head of the screw does not clear the wall of the pocket. I had to redrill the hole and grind the head of the screw.

If you need to replace the screw, it is a #10-24 x 1-1/2" long. I used a button head hex socket drive as my replacement. I recommend stainless because it will be going into the dishwasher. The new screw fit well into the old (broken) handle, but as I mentioned, the head would not clear the handle's pocket without rework.

I hope this is a knock off and not a Farberware product. Either way it will give them a bad name.

UPDATE: I called Farberware to complain about the quality of the handle and to see if I could get a replacement. They informed me that while it is likely their product, they have not made this handle for two years. Online vendors are working through their existing stock. I did find out that my pan was, remarkably after 25 years, still under warranty. So, I do have the option to return the entire pan.

FYI The Farberware rep informed me this handle was designed to fit their products made from the mid-70's through the late 90's. She gave me the exact years, but I do not recall what they were at this point. Good Luck.

Read Best Reviews of Farberware P08-033 fry & sauce pan handle, long. Here

I had a hard time getting this handle to fit onto my saucepan the angle was slightly different where the handle meets the pan. My Farberware is over 30 years old, so that may be why. The handle itself is well-made and looks good.

Want Farberware P08-033 fry & sauce pan handle, long. Discount?

This handle does not fit the opening of my Farberware pan. I have been working on it all afternoon with a file to make it fit. I think I finally have it fairly close. Now, I have to find a screw because the handle did not come with a new screw and my old one is very worn. We'll see how that goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment