Cuisinart Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron Chicken Fryers

Cuisinart CI45-30CR Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron 12-Inch Chicken Fryer with Cover, Cardinal RedThis is one sturdy pan--be ready for a bit of heavy lifting if you're going from stove to oven, because it takes two hands. I knew I wanted a cast iron skillet for frying and other things, and knew I wanted it to be a heavyweight (because that's how good cast iron skillets should be), and decided on this one because I liked the looks and the pouring lip, and Cuisinart tends to be reliable. It has a sorta high price tag, but from what my grandmother told me, a good cast-iron skillet will last forever, so I dove in. And so far, it's been more than worth it. Not just for chicken frying, though the straight tall sides make it great for frying (I've tried a couple things, chicken, hushpuppies, and zucchini and all have come out nice an hot and crisp), but also for making things from browning a ton of onions, to simmering a sauce, to making a big curry for about 10 people. It's just a workhorse of a pan, and the ability to drop it in the oven (using both hands, don't forget) to finish off a dish is very helpful. Oh, and it does look great (I have red) on the stove, too, which is a bonus. Overall, I'd suggest this pan to anyone, whether they want to use it to fry chicken or not. It's an investment that you'll be using for many years.



I picked up one of these babies about a year ago and the previous reviewer is right she's a workhorse. I make big stews and meat/rice dishes in this and its great. Sautée the chicken for Arroz Con Pollo and then throw in the chicken stock and rice and toss the chicken back in and simmer for 40 minutes perfection. Very even distribution of heat it takes a few minutes to heat up but its nice and DEEEEEEEP. You can really fill it with food. It practically acts as a second Dutch oven. Want some amazing roasted root vegetables? Skin 'em, chop 'em, and throw them in this baby in the oven at 300 degrees (with that nice heavy cover on) for 1 hour. Absolutely delicious. Sweet and rich and flavorful. The heavy iron nature of the cover and pan ensure the inside turns into a sauna and stays that way. You almost have to be careful not to overcook food with the top on. Once this baby warms up, turn the heat down to medium low and let her do the rest. Its like a mini-stove all to itself. But you better workout. This sucker tips the scales at close to 35-40 pounds with the cover on, I'm guessing. Its ROBUST. I'll die before this thing does. Ever dent a pan by dropping it? Not this daddy. You'll dent your floor first. Mind your feet, this thing would shatter them. Built to LAST. One of the best things I've ever spent my money on. I have an 8 inch too. That's just as bulletproof, but it didn't come with an iron lid. Not cheap but worth every penny.

One tip heat it up a little and use a nylon scrub brush to clean it. Otherwise it'll be a pain to clean.... And mind the temp! No high heat required here!

Buy Cuisinart Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron Chicken Fryers Now

I am not certain if Amazon is getting second-hand or reconditioned products, but both the Cuisinart pieces I received have been flawed--chipped or dented in places.I kept this piece because it was only slightly dented/flawed but I returned the 7 quart Cuisinart pot because the enamel was peeled off on the outside.I have reordered the 7 quart pot hoping that I can receive one in good condition.I prefer Le Creuset but the margin for the brand name is outrageous.I have two Le Creuset pieces and they have lasted for five years without damage though.

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron Chicken Fryers Here

It's a big pan, I put it in the dishwasher, which took the shiney finish off but it still works just great.It's a good pan.

Want Cuisinart Chef's Classic Enameled Cast Iron Chicken Fryers Discount?

I wish i could send this back for a full refund.Does not cook evenly at all and paint is coming off. Really really disappointed.

Save 60% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment