Kalorik Indoor/Outdoor Non-Stick Portable Grill, Black

Kalorik Indoor/Outdoor Non-Stick Portable Grill, BlackASIN B003DA7TY4 I want to love this thing, if only because I gave it as a gift and I hate when I give something that isn't awesome. This IS awesome, though it does have one flaw that really bugs me.

I've always hated the Foreman grills. They sell, in my opinion, only because of Foreman's name. They're not new, novel, inventive, unique... and they never were. The day they hit the shelves, I was using a five year old unit much like them, but better. So when I went shopping for an indoor grill and kept running into people pushing Foreman's grills, I was frustrated. Finally, I stumbled across the Kalorik in a store and asked about it, did a little online research and decided to take a chance.

The cooking surface is large, half griddle and half grill, and excess fat drains easily. The lid, which can act as a windbreak and serve as a handle too, is clear glass, making it easy to keep an eye on your food without having to open it all the time, letting heat out. It heats up quickly, cooks evenly and, with removable parts, cleans in a flash.

The only complaint I have is about the lid. When you lift it, the hinge sinks smoothly into a pocket, where it can stand upright. This is great, when you're cooking no holding it with one hand and trying to do everything with the other, you've got two free hands! But, when you try to close it, it's not quite so smooth. You have to lift it from the pocket it's resting in and I've usually been unable to close it with one hand, so I'm forced to step away from the unit, set down what's in my hand, then return to close it. If you've got small kids or cats (dogs don't usually spend much time walking on counters), this can be a real problem. Not the worst problem in the world, but annoying, especially from a company that, according to their own site, is "synonymous with fine engineering".

AnnaLovesBooks

This little grill is awesome!

I have owned it now for a year and have no problems whatsoever. I absolutely love it. I never really could figure out how to not overcook food on the gas grill, I always left it up to my hubby buit he could never seem to get to it! So I decided to buy a grill that was easy for me to use. I use it both inside and outside all the time. My family and I camp on the weekends and this grill is always thrown in the back of the truck. It is not huge but it is plenty big for my family of four. It is split 50/50, grill/griddle but I have no problems cooking meat on the griddle side. I love that you can grab it and carry it by the handle (just be sure to clean the grease tray before doing this, opps!) It really is easy to clean; you can just throw all the pieces in the dishwasher. I was not sure about the actual grill part, but it says you can and I have not had any problems with doing so. Also very easy to wash by hand. I also love the fact that the lid is clear and does not smash the food like the foreman type grills, but still drains much of the grease.

I will say, as another reviewer mentioned about how the grill stopped heating up, it does, but it does not actually shut off, it just seems to "cool down" a little if it has been on a while. It still continues to cook though. I love this feature because my ADD sometimes will stray me away from my cooking, for a while, a long while sometimes.=) When I finally realize I have chicken still on the grill I think, "Great, burned, dried out chicken" Nope, not the case! Still the moistest chicken I have ever had in my life! This grill knows when to cool down and wait. Back to my ADD, I have actually left this thing on all day before and never had a problem with it. So it really only seems to "cool down a bit" when it has been left on a really long time, and a tiny twist of the heating control knob and its back up. Therefore, if you grill food that needs to be on the grill for a long time over an hour or so, this is probably not for you. However, if you want something that's there, easy to use, cooks awesome, and cleans easily, Do not hesitate to buy this sweet little grill!

I Love it, would buy it a hundred more times, and would definitely recommend it.

Buy Kalorik Indoor/Outdoor Non-Stick Portable Grill, Black Now



This is a wonderful grill.I have a screened in back porch and it is so neat to be able to cook out there.It is large enough for quite a few steaks or chicken pieces, easy to clean, and the glass top is so neat.The electrical is working great, heats up quickly.Great addition to my kitchen tools.

Read Best Reviews of Kalorik Indoor/Outdoor Non-Stick Portable Grill, Black Here

Bought this grill for portability and ease.Has not disappointed me.

Glass top is a great way to check progress without loosing heat.

Has saved the day many times at family gatherings as an extra grill.

Served its purpose many times over. Versatile, portable and dependable.

Want Kalorik Indoor/Outdoor Non-Stick Portable Grill, Black Discount?



As others have pointed out these units have a heating problem. 7 units all stopped heating for over 45 minutes. Cool to the touch. Obvious recall issue. DO NOT BUY>

Save 52% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment