Lodge Logic L5MS3 Mini Skillet, 5-inch

Lodge Logic L5MS3 Mini Skillet, 5-inchLove this American made cast iron skillet for one or two eggs.I make "Egg McMuffins" with this.It's also a great size to make a little frittata. Whatever you make will fit into a muffin or sandwich bread.I plan to make individual corn bread. I'm thinking of more things to make...I'm addicted!

I would advise everyone to buy the lid, that way things cook more evenly top and bottom.

The only thing is that I think you should still season it even though it says it's pre-seasoned.I had things stick so pre-season or use enough oil to prevent sticking.



A lot smaller than expected. 5" is for the top of it, but with the angled sides, the actual bottom is only 3.5".

Buy Lodge Logic L5MS3 Mini Skillet, 5-inch Now



This skillet is very small; You won't be able to cook much in it.The one advantage, is that it's perfectly shaped to make an egg for a breakfast sandwich, when used with the lid.Besides that, you could toast spices, melt butter, make an individual brownie, or reheat a single biscuit.

I respectfully disagree about being able to make a grilled cheese sandwich in this.You can't; It's too small.

I tried cooking 3 sausage links with this.Due to the small size, they ended up "deep frying" in their own grease, which I don't like.I'd recommend the 8 inch skillet for that purpose.

I was able to find another good use; roasting garlic cloves on the stovetop, using the lid.Peel the cloves, add olive oil, and cook for an hour or more on very low heat.

My conclusion is, if you want to roast garlic or make perfectly shaped eggs for breakfast sandwiches, get this skillet, and be sure to also purchase the lid for even top/bottom heating!Otherwise, get the 6 inch round, or 5 inch square wonder skillet, which actually has more cooking area and you CAN cook a grilled cheese sandwich.I wish Lodge made a lid for those!

I found another use for this skillet today.There was a recipe that called for a 1/2 egg.So what to do with the other half?Cook it in this skillet and give it to the dog as a treat.Similarly, what do you do when your package of steak includes a very tiny strip, too small for the grill?Cook it in this skillet for the dog.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Logic L5MS3 Mini Skillet, 5-inch Here



I recently went on a cast iron binge, to replace all of my aging non-stick teflon pots and pans. Bought a bunch of Lodge cast iron,including this Lodge Logic 5 inch mini skillet.

I wanted something that I could melt butter in on the stove, or cook a single egg in, and use for other really tiny jobs. I looked at the 14 oz melting pot, but based on feedback, it didn't sound like it would sit very well on my electric stove. So, I opted for this, along with the 5 inch lid.

It's great. I've used it to melt butter for making pancakes, etc., rather than nuking it in the microwave. It works great for cooking a single egg. Note: if you haven't mastered flipping an egg without a spatula, restaurant-style, you might hate trying to fry an egg in it. It might be be nigh unto impossible to get a spatula under the egg.

These would also be great as individual serving "dishes". I am planning to buy a couple more for that purpose. I am also going to take this camping with me in a week. It's perfect for those little oddball things. It would make a great spoon rest, too.

But note....it is REALLY small. I believe someone else pointed out that the 5 inches is the measurement across the top. It is about 3.25 to 3.5 across the bottom. It's smaller than you think. If you need to cook two eggs, or want to fry a single hamburger, you want something larger.

Did I mention that it is VERY cute? It would make a cool decorative item for a cabin or rustic/country kitchen. I am quite entertained by it. :)

Want Lodge Logic L5MS3 Mini Skillet, 5-inch Discount?

I specifically purchased these skillets for the purpose of making the half-baked cookie desserts, Pizookies (if you have never heard of that, you are missing out!

Seriously, Pizookies are absolutely the best dessert ever and these skillets cook them perfectly!I plan to purchase more so that I can entertain larger parties.The way I like to make these is to just make plain cookie dough, and then set out chips and nuts for people to build their own.Then I bake them at 475 degrees for about 6-8 minutes and then serve with a scoop of ice cream on top (also, you might want to serve the actual skillet on a plate with a pot holder over the handle for obvious reasons).

These skillets really are a perfect size for the dessert and I've used them about dozen times now with no signs of degrading whatsoever (although, I'm careful to follow the cleaning instructions).

Save 17% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment