Procter-Silex 25218 Compact Grill

Procter-Silex 25218 Compact GrillI bought this cuz it was only $, expecting to use it only occasionally.I ended up using it for dinner 4 times a week!

PROS: With a small cooking surface, it is perfect for single servings (or picky family members with different dinner preferences.)It cooks chicken and fish very quickly.No more than 5 or 6 minutes for a thawed chicken breast; less for fish fillets.I find steak to be juicier and more tender than frying or broiling.

Kinda easy to clean.Just wipe with a couple paper towels.When cool, clean around the rest of the components.

CONS: Small cooking surface. The cord is short.And, except for the plastic handle, it gets VERY HOT so you cannot move it or turn it around when hot. Depending on what you are cooking, the drip cup may need emptying during the cooking process, which can be messy.

Sandwiches do not brown well, due to the height of the internal grids.



I've never owned a George Foreman grill, but if I were to believe the the reviews, then this grill is pretty decent in comparison, and much cheaper.

You can grill slices of meat, sandwiches, burgers, whatever.I used to have to cook things like frozen fishsticks, chicken tenders, and tator tots to feed this kid, and instead of using my oven, I used this.My frozen foods are usually cooked to crispy perfection at the time it takes to preheat my oven.It's kinda small though so you'll have to grill your burgers one at a time and despite the picture at the top, you probably won't be able to do kabobs.I love toasting my sandwiches on this thing and getting stripey grill marks.And I love watching all the fat drip off my meat and into the tray below.

Downsides include cleaning.The grill plates don't detach, and you're not allowed to submerge the thing in water, so that means you have to wipe the grill off carefully with soapy water while it's still warm before the fat coagulates.Then you have to wash the soap off and try not to wet the undetachable wire at the same time.Kinda tricky.

Buy Procter-Silex 25218 Compact Grill Now

Not a bad little grill if you're just making a snack or a sandwich but it's damned hard to clean since the plates aren't removable. If you're thinking about buying this to make burgers or anything else that requires actual cleaning (as opposed to just wiping the grill plates off) you probably want to keep looking.

Read Best Reviews of Procter-Silex 25218 Compact Grill Here

I really like this little grill.It's very small, so it doesn't take up much room on the counter.But it cooks very nicely.I've cooked chicken, steak, pork chops and vegetables and it does a good job on everything.

Want Procter-Silex 25218 Compact Grill Discount?



I received this as a gift in 2006 and use it several times a week. It still heats up just as hot as the first day I used it! I'd rather grill Chicken breasts and salmon on this than go to a restaurant and it only takes a few minutes. Grilled vegetables also turn out nicely. I haven't tried making sandwiches on this grill.

PROS: The small cooking surface takes up very little counter space and is perfect for one or two people. It cooks quickly and evenly. I find cleanup to be really easy.

CONS: The unit does not have an on/off switch, so I sometimes get a little spark when I plug it in. It also has a rather short cord. The drip cup is not large enough. I have replaced mine with an empty frozen food tray which fits nicely under the feet catches all the fat and never touches the grill so there is no risk of overheating or melting the tray.

The only reason I don't give this 5 stars is because of no on/off switch, and I can't make pancakes on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment