Zojirushi EP-PBC10 Gourmet d'Expert Electric Skillet

Zojirushi EP-PBC10 Gourmet d'Expert Electric SkilletThe main selling point of this skillet for me was the fact that it doesn't use a coil that's built into the base of the cooking surface. Instead, it uses a removable non stick bowl that rests on a circular surface exactly the same size as the base of the bowl. This results in more even heating of the surface and less wear and tear on the non stick surface.

If you've used traditional electric skillets, you've probably noticed that the non stick coating tends to peel/bubble around the area where the heating element/coil is. I'm happy to report no bubbling or flaking during the time I have been using this since May of 2011. There are some light surface scuffs presumably from stirring items and washing the bowl (which is super easy to clean) but nothing compromising the coating itself. You should have no problems with this along as you stick to using silicone or wood cooking tools.

Again, because of the way that this skillet operates, it's very easy and predictable to cook with. It does tend to "hold" the heat for a longer period of time than some other skillet designs. As one other reviewer mentioned, the "keep warm" setting is actually better for simmering than the actual simmer setting on the slider.

Overall, I'm really happy with this skillet, but I'm taking off one star because of the fact that the power cable has a strong chemical/rubber smell that refuses to go away.

Heats up quickly. I use it for pancakes, soups, simmering cube steaks. It cooks them in less time than a regular pot or pan. Cleanup is quick and easy. The only thing to watch for is that the simmer setting is a little hot. I use the warm setting for simmering.

Buy Zojirushi EP-PBC10 Gourmet d'Expert Electric Skillet Now

I'm a single student and use this for everything; eggs, meat, soup, potstickers, you name it. Even boiling water! There is actually a sort of spout, so when you pour water out, it doesn't leak everywhere down the sides. It's a very well-built product. Using it is a joy. The clear lid is very useful. The nonstick surface is wonderfully durable and effective. Cleaning it is extremely easy. The only thing I don't like is that the cooking surface is slightly convex, so when I cook fried eggs, for example, they flow to the side and become a long, awkward shape. I also have to use a sprayer to spray olive oil on it so it doesn't doesn't just flow to the side. But other than that, it's a great product. I'm sure the convex cooking surface was designed for grilling stuff in mind, so it might actually be a pro, but I still wish it was just completely flat.

Read Best Reviews of Zojirushi EP-PBC10 Gourmet d'Expert Electric Skillet Here

I bought this item for an elderly parent who forgets to turn things off. The ad says the skillet features an auto shut off, but I saw nothing about that in the manual when the skillet arrived. I just called Zojirushi's Customer Service and was told there is no auto shut off feature. They checked the Amazon.com ad had no explanation about why an auto shut-off feature was mentioned.

Want Zojirushi EP-PBC10 Gourmet d'Expert Electric Skillet Discount?



This is the most versatile cooking appliance I have ever owned. The ceramic nonstick surfaceallows the use of high heat both for pan frying a steak or high temperature roasting.. It is a great slow cooker and convenient for roasting. When my k-cup coffee maker broke, I used it as a tea kettle to boil water and pour out the pour spout into my coffee cup. In the morning you can cook your bacon, eggs, pancakes and even bake biscuits. I am familiar with Zoji quality from my Rice Cooker, Bread Maker and travel mug. These appliances are designed and made in Japan and it shows.

This jewel truly makes one-pot meals a reality. I made chili the other nightbrowned the meat, cooked the vegetables, drained the grease, added the tomatoes and bean, brought it to a boil and reduced to simmer and cook for two hours. Cleanup was a breeze thanks to the nonstick surface. A great product, especially for someone in a dorm room or a small apartment, Highly recommended.

Save 25% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment