Kalorik 1400-Watt Non-Stick Contact Grill and Panini Maker, Black

Kalorik 1400-Watt Non-Stick Contact Grill and Panini Maker, BlackI ordered this for my husband for Christmas, and let him open it a week or so early.He has used it almost every day since opening it.He just loves it.

When he said he wanted a panini press, I asked him which one (I didn't know much about them), and he said it just needed to meet 3 criteria...

1. Adjustable temperature control.This does, so you can choose what temperature you want to cook at.It also has a green light that comes on when it's up to temperature.

2. A floating lid.That way no matter the size of sandwich, burger, whatever, the lid would lie flat and cook the top nicely as well.

3. Grill plates that were NOT removeable.He had heard stories of heating issues with removeable grill plates, and wanted to avoid that.The plates on this one are NOT removeable, but clean up just fine.

This wasn't the most expensive or the cheapest, it met the criteria.It has a decent heft to it (doesn't feel cheap or flimsy)

Like I said, he loves it.He's gotten a LOT of use out of it already.We highly recommend this panini press.

The only improvement that he would like is an on/off switch... instead of plugging it in and it starting to heat up.BUT that's not a real big issue.

I have had this Grill for a few weeks and love it. It grills and melts cheese wonderfully for Panini's and also grill's meat and veggies very well. Easy to change temperature settings and easy clean up. I love how it drains from the side. It also can be laid flat so you can use both parts to cook and you then just have to flip your food. This way if you are Grilling for several people everyone's food can be done at the same time.

Like I said I have had it for a few weeks, used it several times and so far I am very impressed.

Buy Kalorik 1400-Watt Non-Stick Contact Grill and Panini Maker, Black Now

I don't usually write reviews, but since there are so few for this product...The Pros: 1) It easily fits three medium sized sandwiches.2) It cools down very quickly which makes cleaning and putting away the product quick and easy. 3) It comes with a handy cleaning tool. 4) It has temperature control and it can lay flat for more grilling surface. 5) It seems to heat very evenly and I have had no issues with the outside of my sandwich being more cooked than the inside.My sandwiches have been perfectly cooked every time.6) The lid seems heavy enough that after applying a little pressure at first, it can continue pressing the sandwich.Based on all of the Pros, I would have given this a 5 Start rating, but the few cons brought it down to a 4 star...The Cons 1) It doesn't get very hot.I have had to use this at MAX temp each time when making sandwiches.The sandwiches come out perfectly, so it's not been a big problem for me, but if you want to use it as an open grill (which I don't) I don't know if even the max temp would be enough to get your food cooked.2) This is minor, I know, but there's no place to wrap the cord that I've found, so it just hangs there when you put it up.3) I find that I have to give the hinged handle a little help sometimes depending on the size and placement of the sandwich in order for it to come down evenly.4) This doesn't bother me, but there's no on/off switch.

Overall, for what I need it to do it does it great.If you want perfectly cooked paninis this will do it. If you want to sear food or use it as an open grill I'd look at something else.

Read Best Reviews of Kalorik 1400-Watt Non-Stick Contact Grill and Panini Maker, Black Here



I read reviews before I purchased and many of the concerns other reviewers had weren't issues for me. It gets plenty hot. I don't mind that it doesn't have an on/off switch since I don't leave mine plugged in.The price was good.The surface wiped clean easily (initially anyway).

We have had the grill for 10 months and use it nearly every day.We use it more to cook meat than for sandwiches.I like to cook sausage and bacon on it because it doesn't splatter and create a mess.The "floating" lid makes cooking burgers and chicken breasts easier since it doesn't smash them and contacts evenly. It has some major (in my opinion) drawbacks if the meat produces drippings.There is not near enough angle even with the little feet flipped to encourage good drainage.We ended up raising the back nearly 1/4 in. by adding two layers of cardboard under the back feet. We put one layer under the right side to help.The drain channels aren't really deep enough across the front so even with the back and side raised any crusty bits need to be scraped out or they will stop up the channel. I have never tried to use it open because of this.When you lift the lid, any juice or grease on it simply runs onto the cabinet. The Hamilton Beach we had before had a floating hinge but the lid would hang so the runoff fell on the grill. In the last week, food has started sticking because the non-stick coating is starting to flake off.

If you are looking for a grill for sandwiches and occassional meat this would work fine.If like us you use it daily and mainly for meat I would choose another brand.

Want Kalorik 1400-Watt Non-Stick Contact Grill and Panini Maker, Black Discount?

I have bought this item twice. In both instances, it stopped working in less than a year. It was a nice grill for the time it lasted, but unfortunately doesn't live very long.

Save 13% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment