Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d'Expert 1350-Watt Electric Skillet

Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d'Expert 1350-Watt Electric SkilletI had the older version of this skillet. It was half the price but only came with one pan. I loved it. The nonstick coating was virtually indestructible. I used metal utensils in it all the time and never got so much as a scratch. Well, I became so confident in the strength of the coating that I used a steak knife to cut a steak in half while it was in the pan to see if it was done. It wasn't knife proof. I guess I could have just ordered a replacement pan from Zojirushi, but I decided to buy this EP-RAC50 instead. It's better than the old one was. It's a little bigger, a little nicer looking. But I really like having the two pans. I can brown meat for spaghetti in the grill pan, and then boil noodles in the other. I don't even use the stove top anymore. You don't have to worry about pans being centered on the burner or sitting flat. Plus you have much more precise control over the temperature. It heats very evenly and the thermostat seems to be very accurate. I also like the fact that the nonstick coating is NOT Teflon, which is carcinogenic. And it's much more durable than Teflon. I don't need to use oil or butter because nothing sticks. Not even eggs. It wipes clean with a dry paper towel! Another nice thing is that you can remove the pan from the base so there's less chance of burning your food when it's done cooking unlike with some cheaper skillets where the pan and heating element are one unit. If this skillet breaks, I'll buy another one. It's worth every penny.



Gets hot quick.

Keeps the heat it is set for.

Looks good.

Very easy to clean.

Steaming food works great.

Cooks to perfection (so far).

Glass top makes it "fun" to use and see the cooking process.

A 2lb. meatloaf made in this pan was the best I've eaten and I didn't have to use the oven.

Next up is: Roast chicken and baking.

Wish:

1. That the pans were perfectly flat. The pans slope slightly to the outer edges and more oil is needed to compensate for the depth of the oil at the center. So trying to cook with less oil is difficult because the oil gathers toward the edges.

2. Hope they can make a Wok like pan insert that can be purchased as an option.

3. That the cover be tight fitting with the vent in the cover.

Other than that the product is the best electric skillet I've used.

I would recommend it to anyone.

How does it hold up after 6 months of use Feb. 2010 thru July 2010:

1. I only use wood and plastic utensils but the Pans scratch very easy and $77 plus to replace just one pan.

2. The manufacturer won't stand behind the pans unless you send it back to them for evaluation.

3. Even though the pans scratch, they clean-up without scrubbing. Very easy....

3. Contacting the factory rude.

4. Pans are not flat is still my biggest issue.

Still, the Zojirushi is the best and most versatile electric fry pan I've used.

I use it at least 4 to 5 times a week and I would but it again.

Buy Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d'Expert 1350-Watt Electric Skillet Now



I bought this pan in March, and now that I have had it for almost a year I feel I can honestly say, 'It does everything as advertised'!

It can get REALLY HOT, or simply keep the meal warm.

No more 'hot spots' is one of my favorites!The pans heat evenly.

I love having two pans.I have used it for everything from soup to stir fry.

It has earned the title of 'Super Pan' in our house!

Read Best Reviews of Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d'Expert 1350-Watt Electric Skillet Here



I wish I had this in my apartment living days! I got this as a present for a hotpot party from my husband.We were expecting 12 people over and I'd been using my cusinart fondue pot (which has worked when it's 4 to 6 of us). I have another electric skillet but it's old, cheap and not reliable. Hubby got this and (1) sticker shock, holy crap! (2) wow it's big! it's really big. I had thought about returning it b/c of the cost. I'm glad I didn't.

We used this as our non-spicy hot pot. Poured some seasoning, broth and water, bam ready in a matter of minutes. It boiled the broth. I was surprised. So this is great for a decent size group of people. It didn't burn my food it kept the broth at a stable temperature. The meats/foods were cold (refrigerated/frozen) but we didn't notice any drastic temperature changes. Even heating for all uses (steaming, boiling, pan frying)

It's also a pretty looking machine, very easy to use, very easy to clean! Non-stick for real and just a wet soapy sponge, and everything comes off. The nonstick coating is still working even after all the abuse of metal utensils, chopsticks, spatulas, whatever.

SAFE! If you happen to knock/trip on the power cord it'll pop off magnetized so you don't have to worry about the whole pot going with it. The handles on the pot stays cool even if the pot is boiling.

UPDATE:

I've steamed a whole fish (4lbs)!! I used the steamer rack with some ginger and scallions, let the water heat up, put the fish in, 10 minutes later, the softest, silkiest tender fish ever. It looks big at first but it's perfect even for 2 people

Steamed tofu with ginger/scallions same as above, also delish.

Soups easy peasy, used the large pot, browned the meat, threw in the veggies, then stock done!

Green Chile browned my meat and caramelized onions, threw in all the other ingredients and seasoning let this sucker simmer for a day...meat is so tender and flavorful, the chile was a hit.

Use the shorter pan to brown potstickers

Temperature settings are great! I haven't used my crockpot since we've gotten this it actually COOKS the food not just keeps it warm.

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES

Want Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d'Expert 1350-Watt Electric Skillet Discount?



Most of my cooking with the Zojirushi EP-RAC50 is grilling. I grill vegetables using the shallow pan and have been impressed with its performance. The heat is evenly distributed across the pan preventing hot spots and burnt food. Cleanup has been simple, I have not had anything stick to the pan that required scrubbing. I have used the deep pan on a few occasions and have found it to work well. I have not steamed with the rack so I can not provide information on its performance. The exterior stays cool to the touch preventing burns and reducing heatin the kitchen.

The only weakness that I have detected is the power cord. It is not a standard cord that is easily replaced.

Save 27% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment