Lodge Pro-Logic P12SG3 Square Griddle, 12-inch

Lodge Pro-Logic P12SG3 Square Griddle, 12-inchI ordered this griddle to replace my Teflon one trying to replace all my teflon cookware piece by piece.I'm VERY happy with it.It came pre-seasoned and ready to use, and I've used it a dozen times already; for pancakes, for quesadillas and most recently, for grilled cheese sandwiches.It does take some "getting used to".It is very heavy for one.And it takes a while to pre-heat, because you don't want to heat it up too fast.I usually start it out on low heat (around 3 or 4 on my electric range).I pre-heat for about 5 minutes.This way, the heat gets evenly distributed.If you start cooking too soon, yes, it will be unevenly heated.Once you bring it up to heat, you need to watch it to make sure it doesn't get too hot.I leave it on 3 or 4, closer to 3 for pancakes, closer to 4 for grilled cheese and it has cooked everything perfectly.Cleans up like a professional non-stick item and is tough, tough, tough.I use my steel pizza cutter to cut through quesadillas right on the griddle before serving them something you definitely CAN'T do on Teflon!

Admittedly, a few drawbacks the weight, the long time to pre-heat.But once you get used to it, you will love it just like I do.



I have a collection of Lodge pans in the kitchen "tool box" so it was a no brainer that getting this griddle would be an exciting addition. It showed up in perfect shape and was even pre-seasoned. I was sure that cooking would be a snap but was quickly very disappointed. After mixing up some delicious home made pancakes, I quickly ruined the first pan full by the pan burning the ones in the middle and under cooking all the others. We use a state of the art G.E. gas stove with very good ratings. The burners all are very even and heat perfectly. After shifting the griddle around to other burners, there was no change. This problem usually stems from poor materials and inconsistent construction. For any other griddle, I would take it in stride but for a Lodge product, this was surprising and unexpected. For comparison purposes, I put on the large skillet and cooked up a perfect set of pancakes. I've never had such an experience and couldn't believe it! This shouldn't stop you from buying their skillets but I can't believe the handling of this griddle. Very disappointing. Very unexpected.

Buy Lodge Pro-Logic P12SG3 Square Griddle, 12-inch Now

I wanted to love this griddle because I have other Lodge pans and the size is great.That said, even with preheating, this griddle does not heat evenly the center gets much hotter than the corner areas.For pancakes, I rotate them just to have some even browning.A disappointment.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Pro-Logic P12SG3 Square Griddle, 12-inch Here



I thought this would perform like the Lodge skillets that get glowing remarks but this is a griddle which to me makes a difference.

Positive:

Sits flat on gas range (doesnt rock) and it has a smooth cooking surface (no bumps that need grinding)

Negatives:

Food sticks to the surface even though I only use it to cook bacon over low heat.I have to use a spatula and scrape under the bacon in order to flip it over which tears the bacon and makes a mess.And yes I always season the pad with oil after cleaning it.

It doesnt heat evenly, even after 1/2 hour on low to medium heat.The middle gets hot, the sides and corners stay much cooler, so the bacon gets burnt in the middle but is still fatty on the ends.

I wanted a flat cooking area of 12"x12".The entire surface area with the lip is 12x12 but the flat cooking area is only 10x10.Not technically wrong but something you should be aware of

Returning it for a 12" Lodge griddle

Want Lodge Pro-Logic P12SG3 Square Griddle, 12-inch Discount?



Okay, it's a square griddle. And it's Lodge Logic.

Both of which are good things it's bulletproof, pre-seasoned, and nothing sticks to it. I've got plenty of Lodge Logic cookware and love the stuff.

However, like most griddles, it's significantly hotter in the center than at the corners, at least on an electric range. Making a consistent batch of, say, hash browns, is possible only with attention... just like any other griddle. I'd really hoped for a thicker bottom with enough thermal mass to give more even heating over the entire surface.

That said, I like to use it in the oven unheated for garlic bread and mini-pizzas to keep the crust from browning before the cheese, and pre-heated for fries and such to minimize/eliminate the need for flipping them exquisite browning, no oil required.In these applications, this pan surpasses anything else available.

For most things on top of the stove, I'd be more inclined to use my 12" round Lodge Logic skillet.

If I had to pick *one*, I'd choose the 12" round skillet over this griddle... but if you really want a griddle, this one still works better than ordinary non-stick and does some amazing work in the oven.

Save $0.05 Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment