Camp Chef CSC-8 6-Ounce Bottle of Cast-Iron Conditioner

Camp Chef CSC-8 6-Ounce Bottle of Cast-Iron ConditionerThis was a little disappointing, but what could I really expect? Seasoning takes years (or at least a lot of time and smoke in your oven). I was trying to avoid that with this coating. It works OK, as a light coating after you wash your pan. But, truly, I used to rub olive oil on my hot pan, just bring it to a smoke, turn off the heat and let it sit until I used it the next time, and I think that method worked better. I'll use up the cream, but I wouldn't order it again.

We have been using Cast iron for many years and have some great old pieces from various trips.

Everyone has a different tip or trick to seasoning cast iron, for many years bacon grease was the "hot product" what a mess!

Many of my cast iron finds need some TLC, a little rust or extra build it can hide the true inner beauty of the cast iron, I have some Griswold, Lodge, and Camp Chef Skillets and Dutch ovens that are super old but look better than new.

THIS stuff is great, I use a couple of different tricks for rust, like hay alfalfa and coke, but to put that nice BLACK finish, the cast iron conditioner does the trick, it lasts twice as long as regular oil and doesn't leave any lasting after taste.

Remember you still have to take care of your cast iron and heat it to dry it but this is the easy way to keep it nice and black for a lifetime of great uses.

Someone posted cheaper at walmart, funny at the time of this review walmart was $4 more and ship to store... FYI

Buy Camp Chef CSC-8 6-Ounce Bottle of Cast-Iron Conditioner Now



Purchased this conditioner with a new Lodge cast iron skillet.I have used it twice on the skillet and have come to the conclusion that lard works better.That's just my opinion from years of using lard with good results on my cast iron skillets.

After several months of using this product on my old cast iron, I am forced to change my mind about it.My old cast is in better condition than it ever was using lard.It is cleaner, surface is virtually non-stick, and cleanup is easy.The only complaint I have is that you have to nuke it to get it out of the tube if a constant 80+ degree temperature is not maintained where you store it.I have not had any better luck using this product with the new Lodge Logic skillet.I think if I use the skillet enough to get the pre-seasoning off of it, Camp Chef will eventually re-season it.

Read Best Reviews of Camp Chef CSC-8 6-Ounce Bottle of Cast-Iron Conditioner Here



This conditioner is better than Crisco or any other shortening or oil because it won't go rancid like other oils can.If you don't use your Dutch oven or other cast iron all winter and it just sits somewhere, chances are good that it will be rancid come spring and you'll have to strip and re-season it.That won't happen with this conditioner.

Want Camp Chef CSC-8 6-Ounce Bottle of Cast-Iron Conditioner Discount?



This product works great for conditioning cast iron cookware. I'm not sure that it's better than shortening (Crisco for example), but it's more convenient.

0 comments:

Post a Comment