Hamilton Beach 38540 16-inch Step Up Skillet, Black

Hamilton Beach 38540 16-inch Step Up Skillet, BlackThe reason I selected this particular skillet was because of the drainage lip, and lockable lid. It was more pricey than the others, but since I use a skillet almost daily, I figured I would splurge and get a really good one.

When I received it, I was wiping the temperature control, and the face with the degrees came off. I thought it was odd that the one I received was black faced, but the one on the box was silver, and stainless steel looking. The picture on the Amazon site makes it difficult to see the control.I called Amazon to return it for another. I received the skillet with the same black faced temperature control. The rest of the skillet is really very, very nice. It's just the temperature control thats really, really cheapo! I'm really surprised that this price of skillet has that cheap of a control. I've bought other skillets that were cheaper, but had a much better control than this. (Presto, for example) So, if you purchase this skillet, please beware that the face on the control is plastic coated paper. And use caution when cleaning the control!

This is definitely a step up in terms of appearance when compared to most skillets in this price range.Performance: the unit heats incredibly fast and evenly.The clip top lid is wonderful, because the edge of the pan has a built-in spout so you can pour of broth, liquid, grease, etc.Just try and do that with an ordinary skillet that doesn't have a locking lid, and doesn't have a pour spout.Temperature control is excellent.The thick rubber feet, and sturdy cast metal frame hold the unit beautifully firmly. 1) The built-in drain on the skillet allow air/steam out of the skillet.I thought that would mean heat and moisture would escape quickly, and this would likely not be ideal for certain cooking styles I was wrong. I've used this baby a ton, and the little corner spot allows excess heat, but in no way shape or form affects cooking, steaming, boiling, or any style of frying whatever.For me this really didn't matter, because I would only pan fry, fry burger, fry steak, fry eggs, fry bacon, fry pork, fry fry fry and saute.Any type of pan style cooking is performed with ease within the Ham-Beaches coffers.Anyways, my point is this: It's a great piece, works perfectly, has some awesome features, and looks good.Nothing is perfect, but you will love this product, and it clearly will last a long time.Five stars.ADDED:I've removed some thoughts from my initial review, because I didn't know if the pot would do certain things, so let me just say this: "This is easily the finest cooking product I have ever owned".It will do everything, and do it incredibly well.Cleanup is so incredibly easy.I use this product up to 5 times a day.

Buy Hamilton Beach 38540 16-inch Step Up Skillet, Black Now

I have the presto electric skillet, and liked, but, because the bottom is so thin, everything goes to the middle..very uneven heat.Also the legs are very loose and flimsy, making it very unstable on the counter.This has a very heavy bottom,, and is much more stable.Something I have learned about all these nonstick electric skillets/griddles is DO NOT use Pam or other nonstick sprays, they leave a funky sticky unremovable film...use a little olive oil spray or a little butter.

Read Best Reviews of Hamilton Beach 38540 16-inch Step Up Skillet, Black Here



This is a beautiful fry pan, it could also be used as a serving peice.It heats quickly and cleans beautifully.The locking lid and pour spout are very uesful features.

Want Hamilton Beach 38540 16-inch Step Up Skillet, Black Discount?

This skillet has become very handy. It is a good large size and I love the pouring spout and secure cover.I usually cooked bacon on a griddle built into the stove.That left a mess on the stove to clean.This skillet doesn't leave half the mess.Good evan heating.Well worth the price.One minor issue is that the mark for setting the temperature is difficult to see, although the power indicator is fairly close.

Save 37% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment