Lodge Pro-Logic P12S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-inch

Lodge Pro-Logic P12S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-inchI have to admit, one of the factors that lead me to buy the Lodge Pro-Logic 12" skillet was that it looked sexy.I read a lot of reviews, which were all generally favorable, but now, after having used it for a few weeks, I feel I might have been better off with the more classic design in the 12 inch.

A few things I'm going to keep in mind if I decide to replace this skillet include the size the 12' measurement refers to the outside diameter.When you take into account the sloped sides, the flat cooking surface is more like 8.5 8.75 inches.A friend has a "Wagner 1891 original" in a 10.5 inch and the cooking surface is the same, give or take a quarter inch.The sloped sides may also make it easier to tip food out of the skillet or maneuver a spatula, but if you're interested in this feature for tossing and flipping food then you need to be a strong person with strong wrists, or get ready to have both hands on the handle (or handles) this skillet is pretty heavy.

I was also expecting the handle to be more ergonomic, but It's broad and flat (about 1.5" wide) which turned out to be a little awkward for me.To hold it comfortably (and I have fairly large hands) I have to place the palm of my hand more fully on the underside of the handle for a more "underhanded" grip.Perhaps it's just me, but that's not usually how I hold a skillet.

The pre-seasoning works well there was a little bit of sticking the first time around, but I was expecting that.All reviews I've read about the best non-stick performance of cast iron say it simply comes from years of use.

If you want sloped side cast iron for tossing and flipping food, I would recommend the Lodge Logic 10" chef's skillet.It's smaller, lighter weight, has a nice curved version of the standard handle, and if you're a stickler for detail, you might enjoy the presence of the pour spouts, which are not on the pro-logic 12".

Experienced Cooks may like or need some of the features of the Pro-Logic, and some might like a collection of different shaped skillets made out of different materials for all sorts of cooking, but I'm just an average guy who liked the idea of buying one skillet which would last the rest of my life.I would recommend a time tested design over the update.



I always heard that if you are serious about beef steak, you cook it on hot cast iron. Well, after getting this pan, I found out this to be true.It's also great for chicken, pork, and lamb but I still prefer a non-stick surface for fish and eggs.

I also love the more contemporary styling.The only problem is the up-turned loop handle breaks off easily. I bought another one for a friend and it snapped off in shipping. I dropped my own (because I didn't use the loop handle) and again it snapped off.

Also...and this is not a criticism, just an observation...if you like traditional skillet cornbread, get the smaller (10 inch is good for this), more classically shaped style.The rounded sides of the pro logic skillet give the bread an odd flying saucer like quality.

Buy Lodge Pro-Logic P12S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-inch Now

This is a great shape for omlettes and frittatas, and is non-stick if you know how to use it. I just figured this out. You need one flat-bottom pan for searing at high heat and another (this one) for delicate, medium-heat foods like eggs and fish. I used to sear in all my cast iron but it would burn off the seasoning oils and my eggs would stick. Get rid off your cancer-causing non-stick pans and try this one. You will not regret it.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Pro-Logic P12S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-inch Here

I went to Macy's looking for a cast iron skillet. They just had the small skillets and they weren't pre-seasoned. The clerk recommend that I go to Williams-Sonoma, which was in the mall. Williams-Sonoma had this skillet and it was priced at $24.

This is the first time I've seen pre-seasoned cast iron. You can use it right away! I made mac'n'cheese and broiled without having to change pots. My family said that was the best mac'n'cheese I've ever made.This convince me to purchase more Lodge Pre-seasoned pots,pans, muffin cups, etc. Amazon has them priced right and the free s&h makes it more attractive. Happy Cooking!

Want Lodge Pro-Logic P12S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-inch Discount?

I had not used a cast iron skillet in many years, and due to not knowing how to care for it properly back then, it became rusty and I gave up on cast iron.

BUT, I was re-introduced to cast iron again a few months ago when I bought this skillet. I'm so glad, too: it's absolutely one of the best skillets I've ever had! The pre-seasoning makes it so easy to use and care for, and everything I've cooked in it turns out great. With minimal care, it stays in top condition. I just love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment