Nostalgia Electrics CKM-100 Electric Cupcake Maker

Nostalgia Electrics CKM-100 Electric Cupcake MakerI had already purchased this for my 11 yr old daughter as a Christmas gift when I read the other negative review. I decided to give it a try anyway but I'm very glad I was prepared for a bad experience because we sure had one! I stayed right by the unit after we plugged it in. After a few minutes, there was a slight burning odor and some wisps of smoke stated coming out near the back. The booklet included warned that there may be some smoking and odor when first heating up because of chemicals burning off the heating element and non stick surface, so I thought it might be normal. Then the smoke got heavier and the odor took on the very recognizable scent of melting/burning plastic. I immediately unplugged it and lifted the lid carefully. Smoke poured out, the inside on the top lid was bubbled and charred looking, the red plastic around the edges and sides was melted and bubbled. My house was filling with that nasty plastic burning smoke so I took the unit outside and opened all the doors and windows.

The only silver lining is that we never actually put any batter into the machine! We are now about to put the cupcakes into the oven. My daughter was very disappointed by I had prepared her for the possibility based on the previous review. We will be returning this to the store, as per the manual. Hopefully we can find another cupcake maker that works safely.

My daughter received this as a gift and just like some of the other reviews indicated...smoke, burning...a MESS.

Do not buy this!

Buy Nostalgia Electrics CKM-100 Electric Cupcake Maker Now

I received the mini cupcake pan as a Christmas present. I wiped down the machine as directed and lightly coated it with oil as directed. I then turned it on to heat up. Was that ever a mistake! It is now outside because the toxic odor from the bubbling paint and smoke was making my eyes burn terribly. This is a very dangerous appliance and I highly recommend that no one use this. When I called the manufacture I was told that they have had no complaints about this and I must have received the one defective muffin maker. Really? Clearly after reading other reviews that is not the case and I am very unimpressed with Nostalgia Products for being dishonest with me.I am returning this and will not purchse another one ever.

Read Best Reviews of Nostalgia Electrics CKM-100 Electric Cupcake Maker Here

Okay, to the reviewer who didn't know it was a mini cupcake machine did you look at the pictures before purchasing? Oh well.

I don't understand why people are rating this so negative! I received one for Christmas from a family friend and have had no troubles with it. I wiped it down as instructed before using, sprayed a little Pam for baking on it, added the batter and BOOM! wonderful mini banana nut muffins my first go around. I thought it was too good to be true so I made another batch with chocolate chips the nonstick was awesome! No residual chocolate left in the little molds and they came out perfectly.

I haven't heard or read anything negative about them until I came across it here. Like with all electronics such as this there runs a risk of overheating and electrical issues ( I had one with a foreman grill and yet they're still huge sellers) but I haven't read too much about this machine. I had it plugged in for a good 2 hours and no problems at all. I would recommend this to everyone.

Want Nostalgia Electrics CKM-100 Electric Cupcake Maker Discount?

I ordered a Nostalgia Electric CKM-10 on March 23.On April 4, 2011 I tried to use it.It sizzled and would not work.I ordered this in good faith and it does not work.Please send me one that works.I do not have the money to return it and I am very disappointed with this.9102901001299207185699.

Mary Looper

Save 34% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment