Orgreenic Frying Pan - 12" Frying Pan

Orgreenic Frying Pan - 12' Frying PanThe non-stick quality of this pan is very good so far. It really only needs to be wiped out with a damp cloth. BUT it is not flat on the bottom. Therefore, it does not heat well on a ceramic cooktop and the contents of the pan slide to the center. I would love it if it were only flat.

This review is from: Telebrands Orgreenic, 10-Piece Set (Kitchen)

I cancelled a previous Amazon Review of the OrGreenic pans so that I could write about an interesting discovery. THERE ARE DIFFERENT KINDS OF ORGREENIC PANS BEING SHIPPED OUT BY TELEBRANDS EVEN IN THE SAME SHIPMENT.

I AM NOT GOING TO RATE THE COOKING SURFACES BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT BE LOGICAL TO DO SO SINCE YOU MAY NOT HAVE THE SAME ORGREENIC PANS THAT I DO. I HEARTILY SUGGEST THAT PERSONS INTERESTED IN NEW, SAFER NON-STICK COOKWARE PURCHASE FROM NAME BRANDS THAT HAVE A TRACK RECORD IN THE COOKWARE INDUSTRY. Also, at the end of this review I am including excerpts of the OrGreenic warranty, which is NOT the same thing TeleBrands SAYS in their advertisements. On their website and in their commercials, they say, "If Orgreenic ever dulls or damages, even if it is your fault, we'll replace it" and "Your cookware will last a lifetime or we'll replace it". (I was totally unable to find a copy of the warranty online.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

My first order for OrGreenic pans was via the internet in response to a television ad (not an infomercial I have never watched an infomercial on the OrGreenic pans). The special offer was 2-10" "frying" (saute) pans (with the usual single handle) and a larger 12" dual-handled saute pan. The $$$ deal ended up being good for 3 pans even if they had been Mirro (the brand I usually purchased and discarded when worn out).

When those 3 pans arrived, due to a very junky cardboard shipping carton and inadequate inner packing, all 3 were damaged. I reported the 2 worse damaged ones since they had gouges in the cooking surfaces made by the rivets on the backs of the pans that were stacked inside of them. I expected a hassle, but the person on the phone promised immediately to replace them and did not request that I return the damaged pans.

ALL THREE OF THOSE PANS WERE IDENTICAL. The inner surfaces were identical in shade of green. The rims were "naked" of coating, and the outsides of the pans all had a gray coating that proved to be extremely delicate and scratched the first time they were used on a gas range with metal grates over the burners. Personally, I did not care that the outsides had scratched because I was only concerned with the inner coating's performance.

The replacement pans took many weeks to arrive. I received 2 postcard notices in the mail that stated, "Due to the huge demand . . . ", etc., reassuring me that the pans would be shipped as soon as possible.

When the replacement pans finally arrived, the first thing I noticed was that the handles on the dual handled 12" saute pan were at a different angle. I immediately suspected that they had gotten bent in shipping that is, until I compared the new 12" dual handled pan to the previous one. That is when I realized that I had 2 completely DIFFERENT PANS. The handles appeared to be cast on the new pan and stamped on the original pan. The inner coating on the new pan was noticeably darker, the rim was coated unlike the previous pan's uncoated rim, and the coating on the back of the pan was also different. The external coating on the new pan was much harder, and there was a pattern in it that looked much like the concentric line on an old phonograph record, rather than the plain, soft grey coating on the outside of the original 12" dual handled saute pan. The stamped in logo indicia on the bottom of the pan was also different on the new 12" dual handled saute pan from the one in the previous pan. Also, the new dual-handled 12" saute pan is slightly larger and weighs more on the scale, and noticeably so when picked up with one hand.

The new 10" saute pan was different from the previous ones, and DEFINITELY ALSO DIFFERENT FROM THE NEW 12" dual handled saute pan. It appears to be an absolutely different 3rd version of the OrGreenic pans. It has a bare rim like the original 2-10" saute pans and the original 12" dual-handled saute pan had. Its cooking surface looks similar to the original 10" pan, but the outside has yet a third version of coating and again another, slightly different logo/indicia stamped into its bottom. Its handle is different yet from any of the other pans.

EXCERPTS from the ORGREENIC LIFETIME WARRANTY

"Telebrands warrants that, for the original purchaser's entire lifetime, the Orgreenic® Cookware won't have defects in material and workmanship if used only for regular household purposes. If the Orgreenic® Cookware is found defective during this time, we will replace or repair the Orgreenic® Cookware at our option.

"This warranty does not cover or apply to damage to the Orgreenic® Cookware that is the result of misuse, abuse, accident, heating beyond temperatures specified in the Orgreenic® Cookware instructions, SCRATCHES, or damage that is merely cosmetic or minor in that it does not significantly affect the performance of the Orgreenic® Cookware."

Buy Orgreenic Frying Pan - 12" Frying Pan Now

Started with the smaller pan a couple of months back, cooking for two, it has its uses but wanted a large pan so bought the 12". Originally this was recommended by a friend and we're very pleased. Followed "seasoning" directions, simple. I have no idea how long the surface will last but otherwise I am very impressed with this. Omelets and the like are super easy. No problems with anything I've cooked. It is also great for hash browns, which in cast iron would either stick, burn, or be swimming in oil. I hope it lasts, but as a pretty serious cook I wouldn't want to be without it. I'm sure I'll be buying more for the holidays. Seems like the 12" skillet is pretty pricey compared to the 10" but that little bit of extra size makes quite a difference.

Read Best Reviews of Orgreenic Frying Pan - 12" Frying Pan Here



I LOVE this skillet. It is fantastic to cook with; especially over easy eggs. With other pans I frequently broke the yolk when flipping but this pan is so smooth the spatula just glides under egg and flips it without tearing the delicate membrane of the yolk. I have not used non stick pans for many years because I did not want to be exposed to the chemicals released from teflon et al but these ceramic pans are GREAT.... I bought two and highly recommend them. I wish the ceramic was white instead of green but I can live with the color since they are SO easy to use.

Want Orgreenic Frying Pan - 12" Frying Pan Discount?



I am getting ready to purchase two 12" pans. I purchased the 10" pans from the TV ad, and this pan is fantastic. It got a lot of bad reviews elsewhere, but that is because the buyers either didn't treat the pan first, or they used heat that was too high. This pan cooks on an electric stove as fast as a gas stove. It browns beautifully and quickly ON MEDIUM HEAT. You cannot use high heat well on this pan unless you are really watching it. I do not know why the manufacturer doesn't mention that fact when they sent the pan. I can't wait to get the larger pan. This was a wonderful investment, much better than my very high-end non-stick cookware that I paid a fortune for. I wish I could get a lid, but I don't need another whole set of cookware.

Save 47% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment