T-fal A9108274 Specialty Nonstick 5-Quart Jumbo Cooker with Glass Lid Fry Pan Dishwasher Safe Cookw

T-fal A9108274 Specialty Nonstick 5-Quart Jumbo Cooker with Glass Lid Fry Pan Dishwasher Safe Cookware, BlackCan't speak to durability as of yet since we haven't had it a long while, but it is of good quality and can't be beat for versatility.Everything from hamburgers and roasts to a family serving of eggs has turned out beautifully.No problems with the lid that was mentioned in previous posts.Can't beat Amazon's service.

***Update10/08

Still one of the best skillets I've owned.It's proven itself over and over.Cooks evenly, cleans up easily, and after being used 3-4 times every week, not a hint of wear and tear so far.Great purchase.

I was a bit skeptical about buying cookware that I can not hold and inspect first.But the price was good and I decided to go out on a limb and try it.I have a family of 6 and am always using countless pots and pans to cook a meal large enough to feed the whole family.Well let me tell you this, this thing is big, and I mean big.The cooking area on this is amazing.You read about the size, but don't realize how big this is until you have in your hand.I can finally cook a meal all in one piece of cookware...I love it.I cook over gas and it cooks and heats evenly throught the whole pan, no hot or cold spots.I was able to brown and cook 6 breasts of chicken at one time, with room to spare.Yes the item is made in China, yes there is no Thermospot (however if you know how to cook not a big deal), but the construction seems good and the pan does have some good weight to it.This is definately a piece of cookware to have in you household if you need to cook large portion meals for a big family.

Buy T-fal A9108274 Specialty Nonstick 5-Quart Jumbo Cooker with Glass Lid Fry Pan Dishwasher Safe Cookw Now

My T-Fal set of pots & pans didn't include this jumbo cooker, but right away I saw we needed this.It's great for big batch cooking like chili or stovetop meals.I like to cook up enough in one batch to save cooking later in the week.

This has most of the features I wanted: extra handle so you can use two hands to lift it when full, non-stick interior, even heat base, glass lid so I can see the progress of the cooking.I do wish it had the red dot in the center to tell me when the pan is properly preheated.You need to use plastic or wooden spoons or stirers with this surface.

Read Best Reviews of T-fal A9108274 Specialty Nonstick 5-Quart Jumbo Cooker with Glass Lid Fry Pan Dishwasher Safe Cookw Here

This is a great pan for those of us who are not cookware snobs. If you go in with high expectations you might be disappointed; this is not a $100 pan and it shouldn't be compared to one. Yes, it is a little thinner and lighter than a top-of-the line cookware product, but so what. It works great and is perfect for everyday use. It is very versatile from frying eggs to cooking several pieces of chicken at the same time. It is very roomy in diameter and depth. The lighter weight of the pan makes it not too heavy to lift when food is in it. It cooks surprisingly evenly and because it is lighter weight, you can cook at a lower temperature = less electricity or gas = saving $$. The lid is a great addition to keep things warm and having two handles makes lifting very easy. There have been absolutely no problems with this nothing broken, nothing coming loose. The handles are riveted so there is nothing to come unscrewed. My only recommendation is to follow the instructions that come with it. Don't use metal or hard plastic utensils that will scratch, don't use scouring pads, and don't soak it with dishwasher detergent, which eats at the coating. I ordered this off Amazon because I had a gift card and got free shipping, but this pan is available in stores too. If you live in the Midwest, Meijer sells it for $25 and a couple weeks ago I noticed it on sale for $20. 4/30/2011

Want T-fal A9108274 Specialty Nonstick 5-Quart Jumbo Cooker with Glass Lid Fry Pan Dishwasher Safe Cookw Discount?

Pan is very thin walled and light feeling. After washing the pan the first time, I seasoned it as instructed. Used it four times on our glass flat top electric stove. Never high heat. Always hand washed. Never put it in dishwasher or used it in the oven, even though you can. By the fourth time using it, it had warped badly enough that it no longer sat flat on the stove and rocked quite a bit when stirring or even touching the handle. No other pan I've ever owned has done that. Returned it. Bought a T-Fal Signature Hard Anodized 10-Inch Skillet with Glass Lid here on Amazon to replace it. The new one has quite a bit heavier construction and heft. Expecting this one to hold up.

Save 26% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment