Heuck 33002 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron 3-Piece Skillet Set

Heuck 33002 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron 3-Piece Skillet SetI bought this 3-pack iron skillet set at a discount store years ago for $15 after my sister had gone on about how great her new cast iron pan was. Curious, I thought "they're so cheap, why not try?" At the time I had many really fancy non-stick pans, anodized aluminum pans, stainless steel pans; you name it. Well, I still have those pans, but now they sit in the cupboard while the cast iron pans have gained a permanent place atop my stove. The cast iron pans are *that* fantastic. At first, I thought I didn't like them, because while the set says they're pre-seasoned, it does take a bit more seasoning (rub with lard or shortening and put it in the stove for 15 min, then wipe off) and actual cooking (the real seasoning) in the pans before they get blacker and begin acting like nonstick pans (without chemicals). Yes, you may burn some food at first, but that passes, and the nonstick, heat-retaining result is totally worth it. Expect your pans to blacken with use (blacker=more nonstick). The pans heat evenly, and retain that heat(unlike aluminum and nonstick), so food cooks more evenly and tastes so much better! Also, I learned that you DO NOT USE SOAP on these; just clean with a stainless steel scrubber and really hot water. Soap will ruin cast iron, as the seasoning will come off and it will rust. I suspect the reviewer who dislikes these pans probably doesn't know how cast iron cookware works. These pans are so nice to use, and they keep getting better and better with more use. As they are sturdy, I expect that they will stay with me for the rest of my life, then be passed on to future generations. This cookware is totally worth it. If you are wondering whether to try them, just do it you'll be happy you did.

These cast iron pans are heavy and appear to be of good quality except for the fact that after only two or 3 uses, I get black paint from the pan in everything I cook.I have some lodge cast iron pans and they are wonderful. Spend the extra $2 on lodge pans and you'll love them.The smallest pan in this set is useless.

Buy Heuck 33002 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron 3-Piece Skillet Set Now



I purchased this set a month ago. Let me first say that this is a small skillet set be sure you pay attention to the listed sizes. I didn't and was a bit surprised at how small they were.

After reading the reviews prior to ordering, I made sure that I RESEASONED all three skillets prior to using and also used no detergents, only a brush and water to clean. I only used the largest skillet a handful of times before the coating started to come off! I decided not to go through Amazon and complain, but go directly to the manufacturer, Heuck. This is their response:

"Thanks for your purchase of Heuck cookware.The preseaoned coating is meant to be temporary it isn't a permanent coating.Normally it wears off with use in 6 months to a year; afterward the pan has to be seasoned.In your case, the use of the brush may have caused the coating to begin to flake off.Sometimes there are rough spots in the coating and part of the coating could flake.It doesn't represent a hazard, but you'll want to season the pan according to the use and care instructions right away to make sure it doesn't rust. You also have the option to return to Amazon for exchange or refund if you'd rather do that."

Interesting that because of the coating I did not have to SCRUB with the brush, so I doubt it was the fault of my brushing. I believe this to be the fault of poor manufacturing. I realize this was a cheap set and I guess I get what I paid for. Too bad really. I love cast iron and will continue to purchase cast iron, but never again any product from Heuck.

Read Best Reviews of Heuck 33002 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron 3-Piece Skillet Set Here

This purchase was a big mistake.I want good quality cast iron for cooking.However, this black paint looking stuff on modern cast iron that is described as 'pre-seasoned' is nothing but another contaminant for our food.I have already seen too many of these in stores with the 'pre-seasoning' chipping and peeling off.I won't risk cooking in these even once.

Why can we not purchase cast iron that has to be seasoned by the purchaser the old fashioned way?At least then I would know what was getting mixed in my food. I didn't send these back to Amazon only because the shipping would have taken 2/3 of my refund.These will go in my next garage sale still in the original box and unused.

Also, I was not aware that these were Made in China until I saw the paper sticker on the bottom of one of the skillets.With all the dangerous contaminants that have made the news in the last year on products made in China I certainly do not trust that the 'pre-season' material is safe.If the Chinese found a way to make it cheaper with some dangerous substance they probably did it.

I did manage to find a vintage Wagner skillet of the size I need most listed on an auction site and purchased it.No 'pre-season' paint on that one.

Want Heuck 33002 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron 3-Piece Skillet Set Discount?

The "pre-seasoning" started to peel off as small flakes and then larger flakes until the bottom of the pan was significantly mottled. The flakes come off in the food, which can't contribute to a healthy diet. I would give this a minus rating if i could.

0 comments:

Post a Comment