Le Creuset Forged Hard-Anodized 11-Inch Nonstick Crepe Pan

Le Creuset Forged Hard-Anodized 11-Inch Nonstick Crepe PanMy wife gave me this pan for Christmas. I had a steel pan I used for years before we got married, but she burned something in it and threw it away, so no crepes for her. Until now.

The pan is aluminum, but it has a very heavy bottom that distributes the heat very evenly. The pan is also very flat and even. The nonstick coating works very well. With the butter in the crepe batter I don't have to oil it at all.

This pan is almost as good as the cast iron crepe pans as far as heating goes.

Were it excels over cast iron crepe pans is that in addition to having an excellent nonstick coating, it is just light enough and the handle is large enough that I can flip a crepe that is the same size as the pan with no utensils. As a bonus, the crepe does not release until it is done just enough. The downside to the nonstick coating is that you can't heat it up to the point you can with cast iron or you will burn up the coating. Having that heat is important to getting that just barely crisp outside with the soft inside. This pan can get very close to that, but you have to adjust the batter a bit. I generally prefer a thinner batter so I can tilt the pan to distribute it, but because of the lower heat requirement I make a slightly thicker batter that does not flow quickly enough so I have to resort to using the little wooden "T" stick to smear it around and thin it down (something I never did before).

The only con besides the heat limit for nonstick is it has rivets for the handle that come through and they are not coated so anything that gets on them tends to get them gunked up a bit.

Unless you are a long time connoisseur of crepes (were you can tell the difference between a half tablespoon of water and a half tablespoon of milk in your batter) you cannot go wrong with this pan.

It's a great pan for the novice or pro. (just don't burn the nonstick coating)

Now I'm kicking myself for not buying this pan 5 years ago.Even heat distribution, great weight and feel, worth the price.

Buy Le Creuset Forged Hard-Anodized 11-Inch Nonstick Crepe Pan Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment