Lodge Logic LMP3 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Melting Pot, 14-Ounce

Lodge Logic LMP3 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Melting Pot, 14-OunceI'm replacing all my cookware with Lodge Logic.This little pot seemed like a luxury item, since I expected to use it to melt chocolate and butter or scald milk.But I cook and bake a lot so decided to treat myself to a specialty item.

It was delivered a few minutes ago, and I can immediately see a lot of uses for it, including: reheating gravy, heating a single serving of vegetables or other side dish, warming a 14 oz. serving of soup.And of course, melting chocolate and butter.

It has a pleasing shape, and the handle is a good length.Spouts on either side will make pouring easy and neat.Another winner, Lodge!

I bought this thinking it would get used once in a while to melt some butter or heat up some syrup.I find that it is the most used cast iron tool in my arsenal.It has almost eliminated the use of my microwave which is a good thing.Left over soups, chili, and just about anything else that is liquid or semi-solid gets heated in this thing.It is the perfect size for leftovers and being quite small it heats up quick for cast iron.It keeps your syrup warm on the table until your last pancake and you can pour it from the pot without a mess.It cleans easy, nothing sticks to it and doesn't take up space.This is a must have for any collector of fine cast iron cookware or anyone that cooks for that matter.

Buy Lodge Logic LMP3 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Melting Pot, 14-Ounce Now

I really love this little pot.It is a perfect size for so many uses.It is very impressively made, as are all the US-made Lodge products.

I also enjoy the gentle pour spouts on each side.I'm left-handed so chances are if there was only a spout on one side it would be the wrong one.

I agree with P. Callen that it was not packed well, however.Mine was just tossed into the bottom of a much larger box with some of those air bags so it was jostling around.I was lucky that it came from the amazon warehouse that is only 30 miles from my house but I imagine if I had to travel, and be handled, more it would have been at peril.Just going from my UPS hub (the same one for the amazon warehouse) to delivery the box was already showing wear.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Logic LMP3 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Melting Pot, 14-Ounce Here

I own lots of Lodge items, but won't bore you with the merits of using cast iron especially since I don't think a pot of this size really demonstrates all the strengths of cast iron cookware.

I purchased this little guy for 1 main reason and I have not been disappointed. I cook a lot of Indian dishes things like dal and meat/veg curries. A common technique in Indian cooking is to heat some fat in a little pot and quickly add spices, chilies, ginger, garlic, etc. for a minute or so. Then you dump the mix into another pot which has cooked the main ingredient things like lentils, beans, etc. The technique is called "tarka" and is an easy way to add a lot of flavor to a dish. This little pot is the perfect size for this not too big, not too small.

I have since discovered another use for the pot. It is perfect for cooking one egg! You need very little water to poach and the small size keeps the egg compact. It's great for frying too since the egg doesn't stick to the properly seasoned cast iron.

The only problem I have with the pot is that the bottom diameter is a bit too small. I have a hard time keeping it stable on my gas burners. I fix that problem by placing a small cast iron trivet between the pot and the burner.

Want Lodge Logic LMP3 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Melting Pot, 14-Ounce Discount?

I have been using a lodge logic skillet and 5 quart pot and love them. However, I live by myself and eggs are my main source of protein.I love soft-poached eggs and it was bothering me every morning and night when I boiled two inches of water in the 5 quart pot because it was so wasteful of water, natural gas, and vegetable oil.So I took a chance and ordered this to poach my eggs.

I am not disappointed.It only takes a few minutes for the water to boil and a minute later I am eating, as opposed to the length of time it took before, about four times the time to boiling.Not only that, but after the eggs come out I drop in a broth cube and have some "egg drop" soup before I eat my eggs.I plan on using it to make a single serving eggnog (I drink the good kind that risks salmonella but it's worth it completely different from the carton in the dairy section!)

I do have to say that the bottom is not wide enough to intercept direct flame from a regular gas burner no doubt if it was the time to boiling would be cut even further.But I am still saving 3/4 of the gas and water, which is no longer dumped down the drain since it is the right amount for a cup of broth.

I think I also like the flexibility of cast iron.If I suddenly have a whim I can put it on the grill or over a wood based campfire. My non-cast iron has been retired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment