Lodge Pro-Logic P10S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 10-inch

Lodge Pro-Logic P10S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 10-inchI have nothing but Lodge Logic cast iron, and I do omelettes regularly. So I bought this skillet for it's rounded shape.

Pro:

It heats well and the surface will release food.

Rounded edges are good for omelettes and other foods that need to slide off of the pan.

Sturdy construction.

Con:

In order to round out the edges, they had to make this skillet very heavy. It is heavier than my 12 inch conventional design cast iron skillet. I am a pretty strong person, but this is heavy even for me. It isn't a lot of help in making omelettes when one has to struggle to slide the finished product out and that is a one-handed operation.

Because of the design, the bottom of the pan (cooking area) is actually about 9", whereas a conventional design is almost as big on the bottom as the top.

Due to the thickness of the walls, it takes longer to heat up than my other skillets.

Conclusion:

There is a reason that cast iron skillets adopted a certain design about 150 years ago. The conventional design allows for a lighter construction, less weight, and more cooking surface. Yes, the skillet can cook, but I would not purchase this item again. It is inconveniently heavy, takes a long time to heat up, and has a small cooking area for the weight.



I've been cooking with cast iron for over 3 decades and now have more than 30 pieces.I ordered this skillet because of the sloped sides, but have come to love the shape of the handle as well.Add in the assist handle and this is an incredible pan.At 8 pounds, it is heavy, but that weight helps it heat evenly.I rarely prepare omlets, but fried eggs with cheese and salsa work well in this pan as does reheating food in the oven.The pre-seasoned finish is great, but clean it according to Lodge's recommendations, or you'll have to re-season it.

Buy Lodge Pro-Logic P10S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 10-inch Now



I got this weeks ago, but it took making a steak in it on Wednesday night to convince me of the amazing-ness of cast iron. The steak was awesome, especially considering that we made it on a glass-top electric range. We've made steaks in the same way tons of times before (onions, garlic, salt pepper, a bit of soy sauce), and this cut of meat wasn't any fancier (it was left over from the week before in the freezer); they often just tasted like we fried it when we, well, fried it in the nonstick 'grill-pan', this one didn't taste like fried dead meat: it tasted like magic! It did splatter quite a bit, however, and I smelled like a greasy steak for hours after making the steak, but what a steak it was! Every bit of marinate: bits of garlic, onion, whateves formed a thick BLACK charcoal crust after we were done, and I was really scared that it was either permanently sealed or too hard to clean, and I'd give upand THEN it'd be permanent, but with just a lil water, reheating, and some light scraping and it was good as new, maybe even better.

The pan did come with a few (2) rust spots/un-seasoned spots, but they were on the edges, so I didn't care. I actually like that the actual cooking surface was a bit less than 10inches, since I often cook for 3 or less, but yes, it is a lil' less than 10 inch of actual cooking space. I've been gettting more and more paranoid and annoyed of cooking with the cheap nonsticks we have (since I cant afford the fancy nonsticks) and thisat the same price (probably even less)not only performs MUCH better but will probably lasts forever: I'm a college student with housematesif it can break or scratchit WILL. Even if you dont eat steaksit'll add a little bit of iron neededto your diet; last time I looked, teflon wasn't listed on any nutritional label as a needed nutrient, something about dead birds, though?

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Pro-Logic P10S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 10-inch Here

I switched to cast iron cookware a few months ago and have been in love with them. Since then I've bought the 12" skillet, 10" griddle and now the 10" skillet.

This particular skillet is divine! The design is so ergonomic. The handle has a much better grip and my favorite is the sloping sides. Makes a perfect omelette or whatever you are cooking in it.

Maintenance is pretty simple too since I am used to the cast iron pans. I just use hot water and the rough side of my sponge and after wiping it dry I just spread a little bit of vegetable oil and its ready for use!

Believe it or not, it really is non-stick and gets better with each use.

Want Lodge Pro-Logic P10S3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 10-inch Discount?

I greatly prefer cast iron over most other materials for skillets and such. It's all about the even heat. Of course weight is an issue, but that's unfortunately true of anything that does retain heat the only competetor is cast aluminum and I wonder if there might be problems with ingesting that metal in tiny, regular quantities.

But iron; iron is GOOD for you, and most of us don't get quite enough as it is.

This particular skillet is ideal for omelettes, and due to the shape, will make them more gracefully than any gimcrack omelette gizmo you have ever tried. Just get the pan sizzlng hot, give it a quick spray of canola oil and toss in your prepaired omelette.

And if you like thick, fluffy, amazing omelets, use twice as many eggs and fill with whatever, dump it in, and let the bottom cook as you half a cup of grated cheddar mixed with a couple tablespoons of salsa. Throw it into a pre-heated 400' oven and cook until a tooth-pick comes out clean.

Serve in wedges with salsa mixed with sour cream for gourmet-level breakfast goodness. You needn't tell anyone it's easier to time than fried eggs over easy on toast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment