Scanpan Professional 10-Piece Cookware Set

Scanpan Professional 10-Piece Cookware SetWe've had this cookware for 6 months now, and so far we've been very happy with our purchase.The nonstick works great everything comes off with no effort at all, but you can still get a good sear on items if you need to, which wasn't possible in our other nonstick.I've even burnt things in these pans and it came out like it was nothing!I love that Scanpans are environmentally friendly, and I'm hoping that I'll never have to try out the return policy!So far I've not noticed any nicks on the edges, which typically is the first sign of aging.My only complaint is that the lids can get VERY hot, and with the smaller pans this can make them a little difficult to remove.However, even the lids clean up with little effort!



This cookware is great.We purchased our first set in 1991.Here is the kicker, the company stands behind the product.Just this month, Jan 2010, two of the skillets that are 19 years old started sticking.We sent them back to the company and they set us new ones.It doesn't get any any better than that.The company stands behind the Lifetime warranty.If you want to purchase your last set of cookware, get Scanpan.

Buy Scanpan Professional 10-Piece Cookware Set Now

We've always loved scanpans. All their products have very durable non stick surface unlike normal teflon coated pots and pans. We purchased the professional set 8 months ago as we like the steel finish to the handles and lids. whilst we have no complains about the actual cooking surface, the biggest downside is that the metal handles on the pots and lids do heat up considerably. the set came with cloth holders etc, but it's inconvenient to have to put them on each time. One of the holder actually caught fire on our stove from an adjacent burner. My mother also burned her hand once when she picked up a pan handle which was close to an adjacent burner which had been on. The lids will be too hot to touch if you've been cooking with it on, but the end of the pan handles are cool enough to touch regardless of how long you've been cooking for. Bottom line is if you have metal handles/lids, it will conduct heat.

Read Best Reviews of Scanpan Professional 10-Piece Cookware Set Here

I learned from TV news that the traditional non-stick Teflon coating cookware can break down under heat or scratch off and cause cancer. Therefore, I have not been using them at all. I had changed to all stainless steel cookware last year. However, the food stick and can got darken easily (also cancer causing) and I have to use a lot of oil for cooking. I bought a few of this Scanpan fry pan about 3 months ago and I am happy with them. Last month, I bought the Healthy Legend Ceramic Coating fry pan and soup pot and tried it for 2 weeks. The Healthy Legend cookware seems to be even better made and the ceramic coating is even better. The Healthy Legend had a German made ceramic coating call Weilburger Greblon. Compare to the Scanpan's ceramic titanium coating, they are about the same for cooking, cleaning, durability. The Healthy Legend's coating is gray color. It is no problem to me but it is not traditional black color. The color didn't change during my use. I think you can do no wrong using either brand. However, I am not sure if titanium have small health issue. However, if I don't try to scratch the coating off, it should be pretty good. The coating for both are much more resistance to scratch off than Teflon. I found on the Internet the following information (Effects of overexposure to titanium powder: Dust inhalation may cause tightness and pain in chest, coughing, and difficulty in breathing. Contact with skin or eyes may cause irritation. Routes of entry: Inhalation, skin contact, eye contact.

Carcinogenicity: The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has listed titanium dioxide within Group 3 (The agent is not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans.)

Read more:

For now, I have total 3 Scanpans and 3 Healthy Legend ceramic coating cookwares. The Healthy Legend seems to be slightly better and cheaper. I will give you updates after a few more months.

Want Scanpan Professional 10-Piece Cookware Set Discount?

Let me count the ways I love this product!!!

Full disclosure; I'm a burner. About one out of three times I cook oatmeal I wander off, only to return to smoking blackened cereal. Normally that leads to soaking and scrubbing, but with the Scan Pan, I simply tipped the charcoal disk into my compost. The pan was clean. A miracle.

I researched non-toxic, non-stick pans on all the healthy-food sites I could find, and they all came back with Scan Pan as the best. I love the look, the feel (not too heavy, great handles) the vented lids, the quick and efficient heating (I'm sure I'm using less gas-not kidding), and the fact I can use metal utensils. But it's the cleanup that sends me. You have to see this to believe it.

I've told our daughter that I know what she's getting for a wedding present, and she's not even engaged.

Save 22% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment