Chantal Copper Fusion 8-Inch Fry Pan, Onyx

Chantal Copper Fusion 8-Inch Fry Pan, OnyxI received this pan for Christmas 2011. I have the larger pan, and loved it, and was so excited to receive another one. I love the way the copper fusion cooks, and the enamel cleans beautifully, with minimal effort. I've used it almost every day for 10 months, and thoroughly enjoye cooking with it.

That being said.

This little pan has got to be one of the worst examples of Chantal cookware I have ever had the misfortune to use. Not only did the enamel start scratching on the interior, only using plastic utensils, and non abrasive cleaners, but the metal edge has started to loosen!

This morning was the final straw. I took it out of the dishwasher, and a large section of the outer enamel is blown off. I have never given it any temperature shocks, and always leave it to cool on a hot pad before washing.

I immediately called Chantal, only to be told it was of course my fault that their expensive cookware is so shoddy. I have had my large pan for four years now, and have never had an ounce of trouble with itbut I will never buy another Chantal product.

We got the whole line of these pans as we had a difficult time finding a sturdy product to work with our induction cooktop.EVERYTHING sticks to them. I found myself scraping spaghetti out of one a few nights ago.They are solidly made, don't have those annoying rivets, and they're beautiful.But, for all that, they are a pain to cook in and clean.

Buy Chantal Copper Fusion 8-Inch Fry Pan, Onyx Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment