Universal Housewares Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Piece Skillet Set

Universal Housewares Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Piece Skillet SetThese are great for a single person but would be a waste for a family. I have to get use to these again. My son cooked bacon in one and it was sticking really bad. I know there are tricks to using cast iron, so I'll start doing some research to get back in the old groove. I love cast iron and these smaller pans are good for just me. If you are planning to purchase these, please note they are all really small. The little one would fry one egg, the middle one would do pancakes or tortillas and the largest one is good for bacon or a couple of pork chops. That should give you an idea of how big they are. Hope this helps.

I got these yesterday, and they were what I expected-really small, kinda small and medium. I'm not sure why others have complained about the sizes when they're stated clearly, but you need smaller pans for various reasons and these fit the bill. After rinsing, I used the middle one to saute some ham and cheeses for sandwiches as a testI mean, what doesn't ham stick to? But the pan worked perfectly, nothing stuck, and cleanup was easy with water and a brush.

So these are smaller utensils for special purposes, and from what i've seen are well done. I expect I'll use them for quite a few years, and if cooking doesn't become a thing of the past, my grandkids will still be using them long after. Iron tools are great in general and these are a good addition to my kitchen.

[Two weeks later] Having used these several times, now, I'm still satisfied with the purchase. The seasoning on one turned out to be a little thin and let some of the metal show through on the high spots, but it's not a big deal and hasn't affected the performance of the pan. I've been very pleased with how easy they are to clean, and they're so much better than lighter pans for sauteing and searing-I use an electric range, and the extra mass of these pans stores enough energy that the temperatures are much better controlled, and cooking is a lot more fun as a result. I'd make the purchase again without reservation.

Buy Universal Housewares Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Piece Skillet Set Now

Good quality skillets.I rate them just as good as the Lodge skillets I own.Best bargain for a 3 piece set hands down.

Read Best Reviews of Universal Housewares Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Piece Skillet Set Here

These are very basic skillets. No fancy handles, just simple pre-seasoned skillets.I bought one other cheap skillet (Stansport Cast Iron 8 Inch Fry Pan) that I returned because it was actually crappy. I didn't know that was possible; skillets are so simple.

The sizes on these are good too. I use the small one for small ingredient prep before adding it to soup, the medium one for frying toast, and the large one for small dishes. I also own a 12" which is the size I use the most so I bought it years ago.

Want Universal Housewares Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Piece Skillet Set Discount?

We got this set thinking wed use them all the time.We do but its mostly the smallest one we use all the time.It stays on our stovetop due to daily use.The quality is great and they season themselves well.Dont be fooled into buying the more expensive ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment