Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless 12-Inch Omelet Pan

Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless 12-Inch Omelet PanThis pan was highly recommended by America's Test Kitchen, and they were not kidding! The wide bottom holds a lot of meat and browns it nicely, with hardly any sticking. Retains heat better than my nonstick pan. Larger cuts such as whole pork tenderloins and thick-cut pork chops can go straight from stove-top searing to oven-roasting. Not too heavy, and very smooth at the bottom great for glass-top stoves! Cleans up nicely, too. This will be your no. 1 pan for browning meat!



I have been cooking since I could stand on a chair next to my mom when she cooked.That's about 37 years now.I make everything from scratch and use fresh ingredients.When I was about 20, my (now) ex-wife bought me a set of T-Fal cookware.I used them so many years I can't imagine how.(Without regret both her and the T-Fal are long gone now).Well, I started shopping for cookware that matched my cooking abilities.Not a pro but no one spits out the food I make either.After a ton of research I decided to score this pan.I had a gazillion points on my Amex card so I was able to order this pan for free.I figured what the heck, if I don't like it, I just have the one pan and I couldn't beat the price.I got the pan in and couldn't wait to start flingin ' food.Since then I have aquired 2 more pans of the same variety, 2 sauce pans and am planning on a couple more to round out the set.Don't hesitate to buy these if you enjoy cooking at all.This is the best quality I have found for this sort of money.It heats evenly and cooks evenly!Cleaning is very easy.On ocassion I have burned on some bits on the bottom of the pan and have read some reviews complaining that it is hard to clean when this happens.The answer is simple.If you find you crusted up the bottom, when you are all done, heat the pan up on high and pour in enough water to cover the bottom and gently push a wooden spatula around.It will come off almost immediately.If you use wine or some other favorite beverage its call ed deglazing and you can use the reduced liquid to make a fine sauce or gravy.

Conclusion, top quality pans for a very affordable price.A+

Buy Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless 12-Inch Omelet Pan Now

We have gotten concerned about non-stick coatings so we switched to stainless. After buying my last teflon pan that contained the warning about not using it near a pet bird's cage! They can suffocate from the fumes...whoa, we don't need to be breathing that either! Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless 12-Inch Omelet Pan is wonderful However, it is not rated no. 1 by Martha or America's Test Kitchen like the overpriced All Clad overpriced pan. I spent $75 on the Calphalon and it is the best pan I've ever enjoyed. My sister in law has the All-Clad, she regrets spending too much after trying mine. I don't put it through the dishwasher, and eggs don't stick if you cook on med.-low.

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless 12-Inch Omelet Pan Here



If you've never cooked with SS fry pans, this is a great one to start with (around $95).Remember to lower your temperatures and experiment with how much oil to use (not much).Be prepared to burn a couple meals until you get the hang of it and you can use steel wool to clean this pan.

I'll try to make this quick.After checking many reviews, I ended up buying this and the All-Clad MC2(MasterChef2) 12" at the same time ($20 more, very good pan).Because I intended on returning one I DIDN'T cook with both, but based on visuals and handle comfort, I felt the Calphalon would serve my purposes better.The diameter of the cooking surface(bottom of pan)was about a 1/4 in. larger, the handle felt more comfortable and easier to hold(important on a large pan when you go to move it) and the outside of the pan is stainless steel which doesn't scrach easy.After using it my parents were very pleased(as was I when I got to try it).Feel free to stop reading now, but if you must know more...

This was a present for my parents for general cooking and omeletts about once a week.The goal was to get away from teflon and stop throwing away pans (and money) every 3-5 years.After extensive research I wanted to buy AllClad, figuring to pay a little more for something a little better, and I almost kept the MC2, but I couldn't justify the handle.I realize that these two products are not perfectly comparable.Both Calphalon and All-Clad have numerous lines, incorporating different materials and ideally I would have also bought an All-Clad Stainless ($40 more,same handle as MC2), but I'll focus on the two I did buy.The craftmanship on both pans is similar and they weigh within 1/2 lb of each other (All-Clad is just a little lighter).The only material difference is the outside layer, where Calphalon use SS(more durable/heats slower) and All-Clad MC2 has brushed aluminum(scratchs easy/heats faster).Most of what I read (too many links to include) gave me the belief that this difference would have a small (if any) effect on preheat time.I may never find out, nor will I care, the Calphalon heats up fine and makes a great omelett.

With all this said I know that there are better pans out there (though the upgrade seems more of a personal opinion) and everyone has their favorits.One may still be able to cook well on cheaper pans,but I feel that I got a fair deal and it comes with a life time warranty.

Want Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless 12-Inch Omelet Pan Discount?

I purchased this pan recently to complement my Cuisinart Chef's Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set and I am very pleased.The handle is very comfortable, and for its size, is not as heavy as I anticipated yet it heats very evenly.The pan sidewalls are the same material as the bottom of the pan, making this an excellent pan for creating pan sauces as the sauce will not scorch on the sides of the pan, which is my only complaint with the Chef's Classic 10" skillet.

The pan has a large surface area making it a great choice for browning pork chops or browning items that should not be crowded in the pan.When used properly, (heated, oil added and heated to shimmer, then food added) the food cooks wonderfully without sticking.The glossy stainless finish is beautiful, but requires hand-drying to avoid water spots.The spots accumulate on my pan as I view it as a tool, not a decor item, but some might find that troubling.

Although I really considered the All Clad 12" skillet, every time I picked one up the handle was so uncomfortable I had to set it down quickly, and I finally decided that no matter how well otherwise the pan performs, if it is too uncomfortable to use, then it isn't performing well --indeed, it could be dangerous when filled with hot food and oil.

This Calphalon skillet is a marvel and I am certain it will serve many years of hard labor in my kitchen.I only wish the set included metal lids; if it had, I would have strongly considered the set, but I do not like glass lids -too risky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment