Camp Chef 24IN Reversible Grill/Griddle

Camp Chef CGG24 Cast iron grill/griddleThis combo is a SOLID 25 lbs. Good quality product. Be sure to follow the directions and season it before its initial use. It would be a good idea to have a baster handy to siphon the excess grease from the grill. I used sea salt to clean up and made sure to dry the unit thoroughly before storing it away in the carry bag.



The grill works as promised. We use it only for pancakes. The metal surface is smooth and high quality cast iron. The only problem is this puppy is heavy and large. Perhaps I got carried away when ordering one this big.

Buy Camp Chef 24IN Reversible Grill/Griddle Now



I bought this griddle for pancakes, grilled cheese, and the occasional hibachi-style Asian meal for my growing family.Overall, I think it's a solid choice for such tasks.It transfers and holds heat well, as cast iron typically will.The manufacturer's shipping department, however, proved unreliable to say the least.The first one we received was cracked due to insufficient packaging, and then they replaced it with the wrong product, and finally, almost a month after ordering it, a new one was delivered intact.I hope this experience is not typical, and the customer service rep was personally helpful.

The griddle is pretty well constructed, though I noticed that the flat side was not as flat as it should have been.It looked as if the ridges on the other side had caused a few undulations in the surface.It's not severe enough to really affect day-to-day use so far, but don't expect a plate-glass-flat surface.

I use this griddle on top of my 5-burner gas stove, and I can run all five burners under it for a full cooking surface.Or I can turn on two or three burners and reserve a space for keeping food warm.Be advised that there will still be some cooler spots between the burners, even with all of them going.If you insist on very even heat across the whole surface, you might be happier with a high-end electric griddle.That said, cast iron heats more evenly over a burner than most other cookware made of other materials, and you can learn to utilize the cooler spaces for slower cooking.

Anyone considering buying this product should think carefully about the product specs.The usable cooking surface is 23"X13", which is big.But be sure it will fit on your intended heat source.It may not sit securely on some stovetops.And yes, it really does weigh 25 lbs.Suffice to say, cleaning it can be a challenge.I usually scrape it thoroughly with a nylon scraper or spatula while it's still warm, and wash it down with hot, soapy water while it's still on the stovetop but has cooled somewhat.Then I heave it over to the sink to rinse it off with the sprayer.I return it to the stovetop to dry it over low heat.Or you can use a paper towel to dry it.I really like cooking on cast iron, so I think this extra trouble is worth it.

The griddle comes with a handy bag for storage, though the zipper broke almost immediately.And finding storage space for something this size can be interesting.It fits in one of our cabinets, but barely.The included instructions suggest seasoning the griddle before using.That's a nice idea, but it doesn't fit in my oven, and because seasoning produces a lot of smoke, I'm not about to do this on the stovetop.Fortunately, a well-cared-for cast iron surface will eventually build up a very nicely seasoned surface. Finally, although this feels very durable, be aware that any cast iron can crack or shatter if dropped on a hard surface, so handle it carefully when moving it.

Read Best Reviews of Camp Chef 24IN Reversible Grill/Griddle Here



Although this griddle can cook a pound of bacon at a time, it has a major design flaw. The manufacturer did not temper this capacious slab of cast iron.So while enjoying the normal popping and splattering noises of bacon being rendering into luscious breakfast meat, I suddenly heard an explosion. Someone had fired a 50-caliber round into my kitchen at short range! Ok, no. It was just my new griddle. It had cracked right down the middle. Cast iron items must be "tempered" at the factory post-casting. This object probably was not. I can't recommend it, because the resulting crack lets cooking grease drip right over the burners.

Want Camp Chef 24IN Reversible Grill/Griddle Discount?

It was larger and heavier than I expected, so great quality. That also makes it hard to wash, but I am absolutely happy with my purchase.

I actually use it on top of my stove and grills excellent. I can make anything from Waffle House style pancakes and hash browns, to the best grilled chicken perfect for a panini sandwich.

Worth the buy.

Save 15% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment